Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harlan County in 3A '08

Featured Replies

The KHSAA is going to allow Harlan County Black Bears to play Cawood's schedule and district next year until the new realignment in '09. Could Harlan County make a run at a title in their first year of existance? Could they pull off a Mercer County of '06?

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the way you are thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The KHSAA is going to allow Harlan County Black Bears to play Cawood's schedule and district next year until the new realignment in '09. Could Harlan County make a run at a title in their first year of existance? Could they pull off a Mercer County of '06?

 

I think that if this does happen then they will be in the hunt for a district crown with Breathitt. Then if they can beat Somerset (should be a good game), I don't see ANYONE beating Belfry in the near future. Just my honest opinion.

The KHSAA is going to allow Harlan County Black Bears to play Cawood's schedule and district next year until the new realignment in '09. Could Harlan County make a run at a title in their first year of existance? Could they pull off a Mercer County of '06?

 

One flaw in your thinking, Mercer County was going to br a pretty good 2A team (Top 10) before the "consolidation" and Harrodsburg was one of the more storied 1A programs in the state, no ofeense but these schools flitering into thiss chool just won't be producing the talent that the Titans had.

 

Personally, I would have wished they stuck me in 4A in the district with Letcher Central et all.... I'd much rather try to beat LCC for a district title than Breathitt... and I'd much rather see Lawrence County in the regional finals than Russell. Plus, Belfry is going to be VERY good again next season.

Letcher Central is in 5A. That's where Harlan County will probably be in 2009.

3A includes Belfry, enough said.

Letcher Central is in 5A. That's where Harlan County will probably be in 2009.

 

I believe the original projection made by the KHSAA prior to this years alignment had Harlan County in 6A. It would have been a district consisting of Harlan County, Shelby County, Madison Central, Scott County and George Rogers Clark.

I know there was some questions about what the enrollment of the school would actually be when the doors open. But if memory serves me correctly, this was the original projection.

They should be put where their numbers put them. It's not hard take a count at Christmas and place them. I would probally want in the 5a district, that's just me.

They should be put where their numbers put them. It's not hard take a count at Christmas and place them. I would probally want in the 5a district, that's just me.

 

It makes scheduling very difficult and it causes contracts to be broken, hurting long-term scheduling options with schools.

 

With football realignment in Kentucky happening every two years, I see no problem with Harlan County being thrown into 3A for a year or Mercer being thrown into 2A last year.

They could beat Breathitt but Belfry..........Don't think so.

 

I dont think so, Breathitt played harlan a year ago and beat them pretty good.

I dont think so, Breathitt played harlan a year ago and beat them pretty good.

 

So you're comparing a win a year ago against a team that wouldn't be included in the consolidation? And two of the teams in the consolidation have already beat said team this season? While I am inclined to agree with you, I don't understand your logic.

I believe the original projection made by the KHSAA prior to this years alignment had Harlan County in 6A. It would have been a district consisting of Harlan County, Shelby County, Madison Central, Scott County and George Rogers Clark.

I know there was some questions about what the enrollment of the school would actually be when the doors open. But if memory serves me correctly, this was the original projection.

 

 

 

They were taken out of the realignment entirely before it was approved. The stipulation was that the numbers would be reviewed this fall for a more accurate placement.

I dont think so, Breathitt played harlan a year ago and beat them pretty good.

 

 

Harlan isn't involved.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.