Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best RB at your school ever.

Featured Replies

Bellevue

 

Jon Sutkamp 79' Several thousand yards, state championship, A legend at Bellevue. etc etc.

 

Mike Sutkamp 81' most carries in the state of KY. Several Thousand yrds. True Workhorse.

 

Brad Hissong 92' Fastest running back I ever watched and played with at Bellevue. Several thousand yrds, several TD's of 40 yrds or longer and led Tigers to STate Runner up in 91'. Had Sprinter speed.

  • Replies 264
  • Views 37.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlands

 

1. Justin Frisk

2. Johnny Bankemper

3. Jordan Kramer

4. Dave Freer

 

 

I'm sure there will be plenty of people who disagree!!

Harlan High School:

 

It is a toss up between TJ Dunson ('96) and Jamie Jacobs ('01) as far as stats go.

I've seen a lot of good ones at Trinity, but the best is Alan Hennessey.

Trimble County - current back, David Bird. Currently has 1050 rushing yards for the year and over 4000 for career. He is the all time leading scorer, also.

Lynn Camp

Quenton Henson

North Laurel has had 2 top notch RB's.

 

Brian 'Bull' Durham

Nik Blair

The best that I saw at NewCath was Rob Sandfoss followed by Kevin Smith.

Bellevue

 

Jon Sutkamp 79' Several thousand yards, state championship, A legend at Bellevue. etc etc.

 

Mike Sutkamp 81' most carries in the state of KY. Several Thousand yrds. True Workhorse.

 

Brad Hissong 92' Fastest running back I ever watched and played with at Bellevue. Several thousand yrds, several TD's of 40 yrds or longer and led Tigers to State Runner up in 91'. Had Sprinter speed.

:thumb: I can certainly remember the Sutkamp boys. I rmember one playoff game Raceland had with Bellevue at Bellevue and that they ran a total something like 59 offensive plays and Sutkamp (Jon I believe) carried the ball 56 times:eek: ! 56 carries for over 350yds. I believe is what it ended up, maybe more. You knew who was going to get the ball, where it was going and you could not stop it. One of the best power backs that I have ever seen. Raceland's current Head Coach Randy Vanderhoof was on that Raceland team that had the impossible task of trying to stop him on that night

Dayton's Jason Skervin. By far one of the toughest back to ever come out of Dayton and i'm pretty sure he holds the single season rushing record there.

1960's

Jay Reynolds, Ed Sleet, I think Charles Mayfield may have bridged the gap between the 60's and 70's

 

1970's

Mayfield, Mike Hilbert, Mike Edminston, Ray Whitehouse

 

1980's

Mike Harmon (Thought of a lot of other backs but none I'd put in these catagories)

 

1990's

Jeremy Sleet (Need help here)

 

2000's

Matt Quinn (best I believe), Quinn Givhan, Casey McCoy

 

 

Those are the ones that came to mind for me at Boyle. To make it an order is speculation at best.

Boone co. is pretty easy to say Shaun Alexander was the best! Preston herron after him wasnt too shabby either.

Bell County has had some very good ones over the years. Reggie Robins, Scott Chaney, the Good brothers. But I would probably say that Shawn Robbins is the best running back from Bell County that I have seen.

Bell County has had some very good ones over the years. Reggie Robins, Scott Chaney, the Good brothers. But I would probably say that Shawn Robbins is the best running back from Bell County that I have seen.

 

Chaney was a stud. May have been a better baseball player...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.