Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harlan County High School

Featured Replies

The new Harlan County High School, Black Bears will open in August 2008. The building is to be completed in June 2008. Clotfelter-Samokar the Architecture Firm over the project told the board menbers at a meeting last week that the contractor is about two months ahead of schedule with the project and that they should finish the project in April 2008. The building is really taking shape and looks great.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on a football coach? I know a couple of good names, but I'll hold off until I see a few on here and see if they match up. Should be a very competitive school in all sports.

Where are they going to play, last I heard the new school wasn't going to have a football field ready when it opened?

Just a rumor but I keep hearing Dudley Hiltons named mention for the job. But it seems like every job opening you hear Hiltons name. Any info?

Where are they going to play, last I heard the new school wasn't going to have a football field ready when it opened?

 

Would they play football at Cawood's old stadium if the new facility isn't ready? It would be centrally located and I'm guessing its the biggest of the three (Evarts, Cumberland).

They will move the home games between the 3 fields. Cawood, Evarts, and Cumberland. Hilton will not be the new Head Coach according to my friends in Harlan Co. Tuck Woolum's younger brother, who is currently coaching in Florida is a real possibility.

They will move the home games between the 3 fields. Cawood, Evarts, and Cumberland.

 

That's a good idea. Keeps everyone (and every area) involved until the new facility is finished.

Hilton's name does seem to come up for every single job that is open. He is a winner regardless of where he is coaching. The big question is he actually interested or not. I find it hard to believe that if he was really interested that they wouldn't welcome coach Hilton to Harlan County. In my opinion, the only way any of us will know for sure if he was interested would be the day Harlan County announces their new coach. If Hilton is named we will all know he was, if not we all know it was all rumors.

These are the coaches I have heard.

 

Hilton

Holcomb

H. Howard

M. woolum

D. Hensley

Derosset

Matney

 

Who knows for sure if any of these would really be interested in the job but

these are the names I keep hearing.

What about one of the present coaches at the three schools that are consolidating? They might have been on that list, but I am not familiar with Cawood and Cumderlands coach's names. I know the Evarts coach and he would be a good hire.

The names I listed didn't include any of the three High school coaches. Those were just the names talked up on the streets and the barber shops. IMO any of the three current coaches would do a good job but it would be hard to turn Hilton away if all these rumors are true.

Trust me I worked with Hilton in the past he is not going no where except to the lake during his retirement. I have not talked to him recently but last year when the talk was hot about the subject he said no way. Harlan Co. will not be able to offer him enough to pull him away from Bell co. where his son is just a freshman.

I have this strange feeling that one of the last names on some people's list to begin with H will be available.

I would think they would go for new blood, if for no other reason to get a clean start. No favorites going in, no politics, just a new program for all.

I going to go with David Davies from Harlan High School. He is an offensive football genius and his name seems to be coming up a lot for this job. I also heard that Jeffery Bittner (a well known man from the Evarts area) is going to be hired as the head baseball coach. Just speculations,

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.