The "genius" journalist that got PTSD firing an AR-15 now wants...

All Tell

God Bless America on Sunday afternoons is one of my favorite things about working in GABP. To me, it doesn't cheapen the National Anthem at all.

The more opportunities that we have to show patriotism in this country, the better, in my opinion. I feel like God Bless America on Sundays at a Reds game is special and it is a tradition that I'd be bummed if they quit doing it. I also love when they honor an active/veteran each game.

Yes. Yes. And Yes.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you think the guy wanting it removed is overreacting?

A side note. I thank God my daughter never dated a guy like this journalist. Having a guy like that in my family is beyond cringe worthy.

Exactly, I'm not raising my sons under the new found wussification rules. They will be gentlemen, but they will be men. I'm really getting tired of these soft little men running around crying about everything. I'm beginning to understand their gender confusion thing. I'm confused about some of their gender too.

Maybe so. But while I may not agree with his reasons, I agree in principle from the standpoint that GBA is not our National Anthem and shouldn't be treated as such.

Eh, it's a song about our country. Nothing wrong with patriotism. Never bothered me, never will.

There is irony in some being offended that he is offended.

I wasn't offended I was making fun of him with my first post showing how silly I thought he was.

Of course I shouldn't make fun of him, since he has PTSD from firing a rifle a week or so ago.

I don't have a problem with the song. When I hear it I immediately think of the souls that we lost because of the terrorist attack of 9/11/01. We should never forget, and if it takes a simple song to remind me/us, then so be it. Am I in the majority? I don't know, but this horse's backside of a journalist needs to lighten up. If you don't want to stand, sing, remove your cap, or listen, don't. But don't ruin it for the majority who do. I'm tired of people like this always trying to find a problem with anything.

This is so true in many ways that pertains to this thread. :)

For any one who is offended by this I don't care. GOD bless AMERICA and GOD bless the wussies too. I still can't stand the way you act. Quit trying to ruin everyone else life because you feel inferior or yours didn't turn out the way you dreamed. Be glad your mother didn't choose the optional abortion, you're alive unlike the million babies each year who aren't. There is always gender reassignment and counseling free thanks to Obamacare. Those services are top prioity. But if you have cancer well then it sucks to be you, there limits on that, so says the death panel.

My problem isn't with the overt displays of patriotism, it's with the non-stop noise and stupid fan contests shown on the scoreboard between innings. The assault on one's senses at GABP is getting as bad as Cyclones games.

How does that take away from your experience of the game?

Its not for the avid baseball fan. Its for the casual fan and younger fans.

Why does it annoy you if they have something going on in between innings? You aren't missing out on anything. Or is this just another "gotta have something to complain about" type of thing?

How does that take away from your experience of the game?

Its not for the avid baseball fan. Its for the casual fan and younger fans.

Why does it annoy you if they have something going on in between innings? You aren't missing out on anything. Or is this just another "gotta have something to complain about" type of thing?

One of the appeals of baseball is that it's a contemplative sport. The pace of the game allows for something called relaxed conversation. Yes, I definitely long for the baseball of yesteryear, before all this scoreboard noise pollution became the norm. As an aside, this between-innings assault on one's senses isn't nearly as bad in Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

One of the appeals of baseball is that it's a contemplative sport. The pace of the game allows for something called relaxed conversation. Yes, I definitely long for the baseball of yesteryear, before all this scoreboard noise pollution became the norm. As an aside, this between-innings assault on one's senses isn't nearly as bad in Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

You must have some super sensitive ears if you cant have a conversation with the guy next to you while the Skyline Chili Shuffle or Kiss Cam is going on.

You must have some super sensitive ears if you cant have a conversation with the guy next to you while the Skyline Chili Shuffle or Kiss Cam is going on.

Actually, there were times a week ago from today when I had to wait for lulls between innings to talk baseball with me son.

I don't mind the Skyline Chili Shuffle as much as the fact that every second between innings at GABP is filled with some kind of assault on one's hearing. Even during the "live action" fans have to contend with blaring announcements instructing them to clap ... or to make some noise. Good Lord, have the fans become so stupid that they have to be reminded to cheer?

Actually, there were times a week ago from today when I had to wait for lulls between innings to talk baseball with me son.

I don't mind the Skyline Chili Shuffle as much as the fact that every second between innings at GABP is filled with some kind of assault on one's hearing. Even during the "live action" fans have to contend with blaring announcements instructing them to clap ... or to make some noise. Good Lord, have the fans become so stupid that they have to be reminded to cheer?

I've been attending games for almost 40 years, and it's always been like that...at least it was in Philly where I started going to games as a kid in the 70's. With the Phanatic (who is still the best mascot in sports), scoreboard trivia, "which section can cheer the loudest" contests, kiss cams, etc, there was always something going on between innings. And the scoreboard operator directing the crowd to get loud, or do the wave, and the organ player doing his thing in between at bats, baseball games have always been "busy" during down time. Maybe Cincy was different, but I'd find that hard to believe. As a kid, that was a fun part of the game and kept me engaged..it all was part of a special experience that made me look forward to going to games. I just don't see where it's all that bothersome or intrusive.