The "genius" journalist that got PTSD firing an AR-15 now wants...

All Tell

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, i can't remember ever being instructed to remove my hat for the song. It's possible i just didn't hear it though.

Having just attended a game at GAPB within the past week, the instructions are the same before the national anthem and "God Bless America" during the seventh-inning stretch: "Please rise and remove your caps as we sing ..."

My problem isn't with the overt displays of patriotism, it's with the non-stop noise and stupid fan contests shown on the scoreboard between innings. The assault on one's senses at GABP is getting as bad as Cyclones games.

Why should anyone care what this one idiot wants though?

Because unfortunately, the NYTimes (or whoever it was) was dumb enough to give this idiot a major mouthpiece to spew garbage like an AR can give PSTD and other stupid crap that the sheeple of this country are likely to accept as accurate.

Look at the moron's headline:

Major League Baseball must permanently retire ‘God Bless America,’ a song that offends everyone

and his last 2 paragraphs:

So this July 4, join me at the Church of Baseball by not rising and not doffing your cap for a song that is not the national anthem of a nation that is not uniquely blessed by some deity that doesn’t exist anyway.

If you want to thank God for blessing America, you can do it on Sunday in the other church.

His agenda shows.

The idiot should thank God that he lives in a country that allows him to make a living publishing his brand of garbage.

Because unfortunately, the NYTimes (or whoever it was) was dumb enough to give this idiot a major mouthpiece to spew garbage like an AR can give PSTD and other stupid crap that the sheeple of this country are likely to accept as accurate.

The Times may not be your cup of tea, but they'd never publish this. This was the Daily News, and it's right in their wheelhouse.

Having just attended a game at GAPB within the past week, the instructions are the same before the national anthem and "God Bless America" during the seventh-inning stretch: "Please rise and remove your caps as we sing ..."

My problem isn't with the overt displays of patriotism, it's with the non-stop noise and stupid fan contests shown on the scoreboard between innings. The assault on one's senses at GABP is getting as bad as Cyclones games.

Well hell, they have to entertain those few that show up for game somehow. The product sure isn't doing it. :D

Don't you think the guy wanting it removed is overreacting?

A side note. I thank God my daughter never dated a guy like this journalist. Having a guy like that in my family is beyond cringe worthy.

Maybe so. But while I may not agree with his reasons, I agree in principle from the standpoint that GBA is not our National Anthem and shouldn't be treated as such.

Probably should go ahead and take down the American Flag too, I'm sure there are some non US citizens in the stands or on the field that feel oppressed having to watch or play a game under that flag. Feels just like being at the '36 Olympics in Berlin.

Maybe God Bless America in the 7th inning could be replaced with "I like big butts"? Nah probably some dude out there that likes skinny butts, he'd be offended.

Should Beer sales be banned at games, I'm sure there are many at games that don't agree with drinking and heaven forbid the possible temptation for alcoholics that are at the games.

Get rid of mascots too, I'm sure there are some "Furries" out there that get overly excited seeing the lovable mascots and can't control themselves.

Wood bats have to go, how many trees are murdered each year just so millionaires can play a game.

No night games, waste of electricity to light the ball parks at night...that electricity could be saved and sent to some third world country that needs it.

No Camo uniforms for Memorial Day or to pay homage to the military...the camo logos on the uniforms could trigger PTSD in the stands. Fans would now know exactly what it feels like to be on patrol in Vietnam or Afghanistan being surrounded by so much camo.

Wait, here is something we can all agree on! How about we play "God Bless Mecca" at all of our public events?