The "genius" journalist that got PTSD firing an AR-15 now wants...

All Tell

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably should go ahead and take down the American Flag too, I'm sure there are some non US citizens in the stands or on the field that feel oppressed having to watch or play a game under that flag. Feels just like being at the '36 Olympics in Berlin.

Maybe God Bless America in the 7th inning could be replaced with "I like big butts"? Nah probably some dude out there that likes skinny butts, he'd be offended.

Should Beer sales be banned at games, I'm sure there are many at games that don't agree with drinking and heaven forbid the possible temptation for alcoholics that are at the games.

Get rid of mascots too, I'm sure there are some "Furries" out there that get overly excited seeing the lovable mascots and can't control themselves.

Wood bats have to go, how many trees are murdered each year just so millionaires can play a game.

No night games, waste of electricity to light the ball parks at night...that electricity could be saved and sent to some third world country that needs it.

No Camo uniforms for Memorial Day or to pay homage to the military...the camo logos on the uniforms could trigger PTSD in the stands. Fans would now know exactly what it feels like to be on patrol in Vietnam or Afghanistan being surrounded by so much camo.

Probably should go ahead and take down the American Flag too, I'm sure there are some non US citizens in the stands or on the field that feel oppressed having to watch or play a game under that flag. Feels just like being at the '36 Olympics in Berlin.

Maybe God Bless America in the 7th inning could be replaced with "I like big butts"? Nah probably some dude out there that likes skinny butts, he'd be offended.

Should Beer sales be banned at games, I'm sure there are many at games that don't agree with drinking and heaven forbid the possible temptation for alcoholics that are at the games.

Get rid of mascots too, I'm sure there are some "Furries" out there that get overly excited seeing the lovable mascots and can't control themselves.

Wood bats have to go, how many trees are murdered each year just so millionaires can play a game.

No night games, waste of electricity to light the ball parks at night...that electricity could be saved and sent to some third world country that needs it.

No Camo uniforms for Memorial Day or to pay homage to the military...the camo logos on the uniforms could trigger PTSD in the stands. Fans would now know exactly what it feels like to be on patrol in Vietnam or Afghanistan being surrounded by so much camo.

Way to overreact. The bottom line is we stand at attention and remove our hats for the National Anthem. "God Bless America" is not that.

I don't know about banned outright. But it is played too often at games, and it is not our National Anthem, so people shouldn't be standing and removing their hats as though it is.
Really, you care if someone removes their hat? It's not like they are being told to stand or remove their hats, people just do it spontaneously.

But seriously didn't this start after 9/11 as God Bless America started to be played during the 7th inning stretch?

This isn't a government mandated thing, it is something a business decided to do as a business decision, if it offends some of their customers that's on them. Customers can vote with their wallet.

Way to overreact. The bottom line is we stand at attention and remove our hats for the National Anthem. "God Bless America" is not that.

You ever been to a concert and when a favorite song comes on everyone stands and starts to sing along? Why are they doing that, it's not the National Anthem either? I've even seen people remove their hats for particularly sad songs at concerts, should I have told them to put their hats back on?

Jim you can complain because "God" is in the title if you want to, but complaining because people choose to stand or remove their hats is pretty weak.

Really, you care if someone removes their hat? It's not like they are being told to stand or remove their hats, people just do it spontaneously.

But seriously didn't this start after 9/11 as God Bless America started to be played during the 7th inning stretch?

This isn't a government mandated thing, it is something a business decided to do as a business decision, if it offends some of their customers that's on them. Customers can vote with their wallet.

At ballgames, yes, they are given the same instructions as pre-game — "Would everybody please stand, and gentlemen kindly remove your caps, as we honor America with the singing of 'God Bless America.'" And since people are sheep, they do it, even though it's not correct and it cheapens the National Anthem.

It did start out after 9-11 and teams got too caught up in it after that. I think it's fine to do on days such as Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day that are national holidays that fall within the MLB schedule. Outside of that it's not appropriate. And it's not appropriate for the announcers to have people show reverence to GBA the way they do for the National Anthem.

You ever been to a concert and when a favorite song comes on everyone stands and starts to sing along? Why are they doing that, it's not the National Anthem either? I've even seen people remove their hats for particularly sad songs at concerts, should I have told them to put their hats back on?

Did the PA announcer command them to do so?

Jim you can complain because "God" is in the title if you want to, but complaining because people choose to stand or remove their hats is pretty weak.

Has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the unofficial elevation of GBA to National Anthem status. Sorry, but this is wrong. To be fair, I have similar questions about flag etiquette and the overuse of half-staff.

At ballgames, yes, they are given the same instructions as pre-game — "Would everybody please stand, and gentlemen kindly remove your caps, as we honor America with the singing of 'God Bless America.'" And since people are sheep, they do it, even though it's not correct and it cheapens the National Anthem.

It did start out after 9-11 and teams got too caught up in it after that. I think it's fine to do on days such as Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day that are national holidays that fall within the MLB schedule. Outside of that it's not appropriate. And it's not appropriate for the announcers to have people show reverence to GBA the way they do for the National Anthem.

It cheapens the National Anthem? How exactly does it do that? If the song offends your sensibilities, then bury your head in the sand and ignore it. You do not have to stand and show your patriotism. Stay seated and eat your hot dog, drink your beer, chat it up with your seatmates. Just because most will choose to stand together in this show of love of God and Country, no one is being forced to do so. That one's sensibilities are so offended by the fact that many do, says a lot about who they are.

Even if that is the case, and I don't remember being told to remove my hat, it is still a MLB decision. It's not a government mandate...if it offends their customers or they get ostracized for it they'll quit.

I agree that it doesn't need to be done every game, but I don't have a problem if it is. Like the point I was making in my sarcastic post above, someone will always find something to be offended by.

Did the PA announcer command them to do so?

Has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the unofficial elevation of GBA to National Anthem status. Sorry, but this is wrong. To be fair, I have similar questions about flag etiquette and the overuse of half-staff.

Maybe the Redsox fans should be told to stay in their seats and shut up during the playing of Sweet Caroline, because standing and singing it int he 8th inning cheapens the National Anthem and GBA, :lol2:

It cheapens the National Anthem? How exactly does it do that? If the song offends your sensibilities, then bury your head in the sand and ignore it. You do not have to stand and show your patriotism. Stay seated and eat your hot dog, drink your beer, chat it up with your seatmates. Just because most will choose to stand together in this show of love of God and Country, no one is being forced to do so. That one's sensibilities are so offended by the fact that many do, says a lot about who they are.

You, like JD, made the same mistake of assuming my objections come from a religious standpoint.

I probably hear the National Anthem played somewhere around 225 times or so per year. I stand at attention (and usually sing along) every time. Don't dare question my patriotism just because you don't agree with me. "God Bless America" is a nice song, a fine sentimental, patriotic hymn. It is not our National Anthem.

Maybe the Redsox fans should be told to stay in their seats and shut up during the playing of Sweet Caroline, because standing and singing it int he 8th inning cheapens the National Anthem and GBA, :lol2:

Are they commanded by the PA announcer to stand and remove their caps in honor of the song?

You, like JD, made the same mistake of assuming my objections come from a religious standpoint.

I probably hear the National Anthem played somewhere around 225 times or so per year. I stand at attention (and usually sing along) every time. Don't dare question my patriotism just because you don't agree with me. "God Bless America" is a nice song, a fine sentimental, patriotic hymn. It is not our National Anthem.

I didn't assume that, I said "You can complain because "God" is in the title" meaning I would have understood why you were complaining.

Are they commanded by the PA announcer to stand and remove their caps in honor of the song?

I doubt it...but I've never been there. I see people sitting or wearing hats during the National Anthem at every game I've ever been to.

Bravo to you and your defense of the National Anthem. Seriously if that is your motive, I applaud you.