Board of Control names Spalding official ball sponsor

Pick-six

Well....just when you thought the football couldn't get worse. We could always just go out there with my old Chargers pizza hut ball. At least that's classic, gotta love baby blue with yellow bolts! LOL

:lol2: Get past the name my good man! Trust me...been there, and thought the same. It's not the best option, but it will be better option.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

College teams use a wide variety of footballs. Nike / Wilson / Adidas. Nobody uses Spalding.

College teams use whichever ball their sponsor dictates, at least in games. Notice the Nike logo on every ball used in a UK game?

The GST is a great ball and is only 70 dollars, this is pitiful if you ask me. Rawlings balls were terrible and a waste of money. Now a ball that I have never seen used is MANDATED to be used by all. Too bad for all the programs out there that already has their balls in for the spring and summer. throw that money away and go fundraise to buy these balls. Such bad timing in my opinion.

Nothing new here. It's all about the revenue stream. The sporting goods manufacturers do this dance with KHSAA frequently. Every 3 years or so, a uniform company cuts a deal and mandates new uniform components for officials for various sports. So officials are required to comply by purchasing new every time it changes, even though most do not "wear out" their current.

Would be nice to see the contract terms to best understand the incentives to KHSAA to go with one provider over another. I'm guessing the KHSAA does not have a full blown procurement person strategically evaluating the bids....I am guessing Julian got lunch out of this deal.....

Nothing new here. It's all about the revenue stream. The sporting goods manufacturers do this dance with KHSAA frequently. Every 3 years or so, a uniform company cuts a deal and mandates new uniform components for officials for various sports. So officials are required to comply by purchasing new every time it changes, even though most do not "wear out" their current.

Would be nice to see the contract terms to best understand the incentives to KHSAA to go with one provider over another. I'm guessing the KHSAA does not have a full blown procurement person strategically evaluating the bids....I am guessing Julian got lunch out of this deal.....

He had better gotten a heck of a lot more to choose Spalding.

It's hard enough in this day and age to raise money to meet your needs...Now let's say a program has 10/15 footballs left over from the previous year at $80 each, they are forced to make a decision. It would be nice for the KHSAA to think about it's constituents have an overlapping year, but I know that's a pipe dream.

Maybe football coaches should stand together, all buy Wilson balls and see if Julian cancels the football finals over a brand?

I think Russell owns Spalding and Russell is the big Corporate Sponsor of the State Championship I am sure that had something to do with it. So in all I guess keeping it in state since Russell and Spalding headquarters is in Bowling Green.

I think Russell owns Spalding and Russell is the big Corporate Sponsor of the State Championship I am sure that had something to do with it. So in all I guess keeping it in state since Russell and Spalding headquarters is in Bowling Green.

We have a winner!

It's hard enough in this day and age to raise money to meet your needs...Now let's say a program has 10/15 footballs left over from the previous year at $80 each, they are forced to make a decision. It would be nice for the KHSAA to think about it's constituents have an overlapping year, but I know that's a pipe dream.

Maybe football coaches should stand together, all buy Wilson balls and see if Julian cancels the football finals over a brand?

You don't have to use these balls during the regular season, you can use whatever you want.