Board of Control names Spalding official ball sponsor

Pick-six

I know, I have just never thought it was a good idea to change the type of football you use when playoffs start, or take the chance of having an officiating crew in the playoffs force your hand on the type of ball you use. @All Tell

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know, I have just never thought it was a good idea to change the type of football you use when playoffs start, or take the chance of having an officiating crew in the playoffs force your hand on the type of ball you use. @All Tell

I think it's nuts to use a different ball during the regular season then you will use during the playoffs but I have sen several schools that do it. I'm sure that trend will continue.

The adopted products are:

Baseball - Spalding TF Pro HS Baseball (41-100HS)

Basketball-B - Spalding TF1000 Classic (74-7849)

Basketball-G - Spalding TF1000 Class 28.5 (74-7839)

Football - Spalding Alpha -72-6758

Softball - Spalding Dudley Thunder Heat-Polycore (43-147)

Not seeing anything on their website for a "Spalding Alpha" football. Did see an "Alpha" on the Sears website for $129!

Am guessing HS football would use their "TF-GOLD" ball ($89.99--still WAY more than it was 5 years ago).

Looks like that supply-and-demand stuff I learned in Econ is pretty accurate.

Just heard and saw a Spalding football.

IMO it's way worse than the Rawlings, super slick.

I've seen and used Spalding footballs (the J5V) and I like it better than the Rawlings ball that was used. Many quality footballs are pretty slick brand new....They do need to be brushed and broken in a little, and go from slick to really tacky. Rawling's balls always seemed to lose tack and their shape quickly which is one of the reason's they weren't popular.

If I had to choose, I'd pick the Nike Vapor One, which is durable, tacky, and has a great shape and feel and is easy to throw with a nice, tight spiral. The Wilson GST is a close second choice.