Taylor County - HUGE transfer?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Chris decides to give up coaching, and I don't think that would be anytime soon, he does a great job, they will be picky, very picky.

As they should be. Ballard is one of the premier jobs in the state. No need hiring someone who can't handle the job.

When you can say you can bring the top rated player in the state with you when applying will make people take notice.

It's funny because the press conference after the Doss game Gatewood mentioned about coming back next year with Sloan, Oliver, and Gaines leading the way.

Yes he lives (lived) with Gatewood. This is very interesting, but not a complete surprise. AS I said in a earlier post I wouldn't be shocked if Sloan nor Gatewood where at Taylor County next basketball season.

I've heard rumblings that it's just for the remainer of the school year and he will be back at Taylor County for next season.

Why would he go for just the remainder of the school year and you wouldn't think he would be eligible moving back to Taylor County. A person assumes that Gatewood was his guardian or something along those lines so if he moves back to Louisville to live with family, don't know if will be his parents or aunt, uncle etc not real aware of his family siutation. With that said, not sure how we would become eligible again at Taylor County unless Ballard never files paperwork with KHSAA.

You only get the player for a year, Ballard will not hire a coach for that reason. Administration is too good. Going to Ballard after what Chris has accomplished will be tough. I would say he plays at Taylor County next year, with Gaines and company. With picking up another kid they will be a top 2-3 team in the 5th.

If UofL is as interested in Sloan as some have said, why would he not go to a school in Louisville? For that matter being in Louisville makes him more accessible for college coaches to travel to see him play. There is weekly television news coverage of high school basketball and more print coverage as well. I could be wrong but that's just my thoughts.

Personally (and I know people will jump all over what I'm about to say), from a basketball IQ and fundamental skill standpoint I think Sloan is a better player than Goodin. Granted Goodin is a great athlete but if Goodin (with his height and athleticism) had Sloan's basketball IQ then guys like John Calipari, Tom Crean and Kevin Ollie would've been all over him.

Again, just one man's opinion.

If UofL is as interested in Sloan as some have said, why would he not go to a school in Louisville? For that matter being in Louisville makes him more accessible for college coaches to travel to see him play. There is weekly television news coverage of high school basketball and more print coverage as well. I could be wrong but that's just my thoughts.

Personally (and I know people will jump all over what I'm about to say), from a basketball IQ and fundamental skill standpoint I think Sloan is a better player than Goodin. Granted Goodin is a great athlete but if Goodin (with his height and athleticism) had Sloan's basketball IQ then guys like John Calipari, Tom Crean and Kevin Ollie would've been all over him.

Again, just one man's opinion.

I agree with all of this.

You only get the player for a year, Ballard will not hire a coach for that reason. Administration is too good. Going to Ballard after what Chris has accomplished will be tough. I would say he plays at Taylor County next year, with Gaines and company. With picking up another kid they will be a top 2-3 team in the 5th.

Who else did they get?