Taylor County - HUGE transfer?

It doesn't matter in Jefferson county kids move schools all the time without moving their address. I'm told the KHSAA can't manage it so they've given up..

They could manage it with a zero tolerance policy and no exception to the one year ineligibility period from date of enrollment like some states do, California for example.

A personal friend daughter moved across country to California to play volleyball her senior season but moved a calendar year early because she new she was going to have to sit out a year so she could be eligible to play her last year. She sat out junior year and even lived with her mother.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If UofL is as interested in Sloan as some have said, why would he not go to a school in Louisville? For that matter being in Louisville makes him more accessible for college coaches to travel to see him play. There is weekly television news coverage of high school basketball and more print coverage as well. I could be wrong but that's just my thoughts.

Personally (and I know people will jump all over what I'm about to say), from a basketball IQ and fundamental skill standpoint I think Sloan is a better player than Goodin. Granted Goodin is a great athlete but if Goodin (with his height and athleticism) had Sloan's basketball IQ then guys like John Calipari, Tom Crean and Kevin Ollie would've been all over him.

Again, just one man's opinion.

Crean was all over Goodin. Recruited him heavily as did Billy Donovan.

It's not his record that people take issue with. It's how he goes about compiling it. And his interpersonal demeanor.

I do not know Coach Gatewood from Adam. Had never laid eyes on him until this year's state tournament.

He reminded me of Mr. Peepers with his slicked-down Brylcream hair and brown suit - like someone out of the sixties.

I was wondering how could he possibly be captain of this ship. Surely the players would run all over him. However, as I watched the (Mason County) game, where everything went well, it became obvious that the players not only respected him, but responded to him.

Sloan is gone. Heard he and Gatewood has some disagreements and he decided he missed his family.

I question how he will be eligible. How is this any different than a kid moving in with his mom or dad when the parents were separated (which we've seen denied before)? Sloan becoming eligible would be one of the biggest farces for the KHSAA in my opinion.

As I stated earlier, KHSAA doesn't honor legal guardianship it states it clearly in their by-laws. He was eligible at Taylor cause he moved there before high school.

Why shouldn't he be eligible. It is obvious he will have a bonafide change of address.

The KHSAA needs to get a handle on all this. I get with every rule you have there are ways around them but some of the things that are going on all over the state between boys and girls basketball is ridiculous.

When Darryl Hicks transferred from Shelby County to North Oldham-after playing varsity at SC as an 8th Grader- there was no problem. When he moved from North Oldham back to Shelby County-in the middle of the school year- there was no problem, and he played his Freshman season for the Rockets. But when he transferred from Martha Layne Collins (the then-brand-new school in Shelbyville that he would have attended) to Louisville Trinity- he had to sit out a year. Hmmm. Wouldn't the same rule apply to Sloan? Or has it expired since then? Someone get Horatio Caine on this case!

The KHSAA needs to get a handle on all this. I get with every rule you have there are ways around them but some of the things that are going on all over the state between boys and girls basketball is ridiculous.

It should be interesting to see how they handle the coming years transfers. I heard last night, there are a couple of other Louisville kids on the move next year, they both are top tier players. At this point just kids talking about what they have heard, but kids pretty close to the situation. I guess we'll just have to see if the merry-go-round continues to spin.

As I stated earlier, KHSAA doesn't honor legal guardianship it states it clearly in their by-laws. He was eligible at Taylor cause he moved there before high school.

Why shouldn't he be eligible. It is obvious he will have a bonafide change of address.

So you could send your son to play football at Bowling Green and have someone in that district as "legal guardian" then he can decide he's home sick and move back in with me in the district I live and be eligible to play?

If this goes through it's going to get out of hand, IMO!!!