Taylor County - HUGE transfer?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I THINK Gatewood was at Louisville Butler, but it could have been Doss I'm not even 50% sure.

Yes Gatewood is sloan legal guardian, as his parents let him move with Gatewood to play ball for him at Taylor County. Gatewood has a great record and honestly I think he's a great coach, as how they improved as this season went forward. But people don't like him for the way they've got so many transfers at TC, which have all been legal according to the KHSAA. Not sure many jobs around the 5th would intrest Gatewood to be honest.

Goodin is bigger, stronger, and a better athlete but I agree sloan is a better basketball player. Sloan is a much better shooter and much better defender than Goodin.

Gatewood was at Louisville Moore for one season before going to Taylor County and he was named 6th region coach of the year. Sloan was an 8th grader then at Moore middle school, not sure if he played varsity or not. I believe that Sloan has an older brother who did play for Gatewood at Moore.

Sloan home school district is Louisville Moore, not sure how the Ballard situation will work. His parents may have moved into the Ballard district since he moved to Taylor County with Coach Gatewood.

The legal guardian stuff isn't recognized by the KHSAA it states that clearly in the KHSAA handbook. Gatewood his legal guardian or not is all irrelevant because prior to entering 9th grade you can go to school anywhere regardless who you live with.