Paris/Mason County predictions (10th Region semifinals)

Paris vs. Mason County (10th Region Semifinals at Montgomery County)  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Paris vs. Mason County (10th Region Semifinals at Montgomery County)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason plays a zone and forces Paris to shoot over it. They handle Garrard the same way they did Wilson in the second half, although he still probably gets around 20 and 10.. Then Pig Williams does what he always does and the Royals win this one

Mason 74

Paris 68

This is probably one of the easiest to predict. Said after pairings whoever came out of the Campbell/Mason game would defeat Paris and whoever came out of Augusta/Scott would defeat Montgomery.

MaCo 58

Paris 55

All 39th for Tuesday nite

I am going to pull season stats to defend my Mason win call. Paris's strength is speed, speed, and speed. Paris shoots a very mediocre 45.4% from the field, including a very weak 27.9% on 3's, and 61.8% on FT. Suspect Biggs will go out of character with a zone and hope Greyhounds launch regularly with little more than a token hand in the face. Sweeney, D. Williams, and A. Williams will neutralize Gabbard and Wells on the misses. On offense, Royals have to not settle for easy 3's giving Paris runouts as Harrison failed to do against Hounds in 2nd half.

If Royals pound it with Pig penetrating, either Wells or Gabbard will get foul problems. The loss of either is a death knell for Paris. I like Mason by 8, provided they chose to sit on it patiently to protect that lead and fight the desire to run with the Hounds. No 10th Region team can be successful running with Paris.

I agree w you on some accounts but if Mason runs zone like we kno they will it will be hard to keep Hounds off the boards becuz their not assigned to a man...speed and athleticism will get off the floor sooner to get put backs...thinking hounds will establish Garrard in the gaps against zone..refs are letting them play it seems in these regional games...depth and athleticism too much for Royals.

I am going to pull season stats to defend my Mason win call. Paris's strength is speed, speed, and speed. Paris shoots a very mediocre 45.4% from the field, including a very weak 27.9% on 3's, and 61.8% on FT. Suspect Biggs will go out of character with a zone and hope Greyhounds launch regularly with little more than a token hand in the face. Sweeney, D. Williams, and A. Williams will neutralize Gabbard and Wells on the misses. On offense, Royals have to not settle for easy 3's giving Paris runouts as Harrison failed to do against Hounds in 2nd half.

If Royals pound it with Pig penetrating, either Wells or Gabbard will get foul problems. The loss of either is a death knell for Paris. I like Mason by 8, provided they chose to sit on it patiently to protect that lead and fight the desire to run with the Hounds. No 10th Region team can be successful running with Paris.

I agree w you on some accounts but if Mason runs zone like we kno they will it will be hard to keep Hounds off the boards becuz their not assigned to a man...speed and athleticism will get off the floor sooner to get put backs...thinking hounds will establish Garrard in the gaps against zone..refs are letting them play it seems in these regional games...depth and athleticism too much for Royals.

If the Hounds open up the way they did against HC then the Royals are gonna run away with it. Paris loves to shoot the 3 and they're very inconsistent at it. Don't see Paris winning this one.