Paris/Mason County predictions (10th Region semifinals)

Paris vs. Mason County (10th Region Semifinals at Montgomery County)  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Paris vs. Mason County (10th Region Semifinals at Montgomery County)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with Paris by 12.. Mason barely won the 1st game and Garrard didn't play.. Not to mention Wells and Johnson both posted double doubles for Paris.. Just imagine what will happen when you throw Garrard into the lineup

How is Koebe Garrard an NAIA player? He's already qualified on his ACT...he's a 17 yr old Sr. Who may very well go to a prestigious prep school which will guarantee D1...He would've destroyed Matt Wilson..this kid is a beast when dialed in..everyone loves Boogie Cousins but he's unpredictable...same as Garrard. Not to mention that several D1 football programs are inquiring about the kid...Wells same way he's a 16 yr old Jr. Getting D1 looks at Wr in football and if he takes the basketball route Prep School is already lined up which will guarantee him D1 in basketball. These basketball kids were key puzzles to the tremendous football year and they follow with a run to Rupp. There's not a team left that's built like these kids. Tomar nite will show. #Ridewithusorcollidewithus

So glad he has academically qualified, but that does not make him a D1 big man at 6'4"-6'5". Love his heart, power, and effort. Just don't see his shooting stats being remotely strong enough for D1 consideration (48.2% FGs, 25.5% threes and 60.4% FTs) and these are season long stats largely against shorter, weaker opponents. Prep school will guarantee him nothing and usually are for academic non-qualifiers, and some physically immature. Certainly not him, he's a beast.

When you look at how tall & big Matt Wilson is, you would EXPECT him to run over a smaller team, such as Mason Co. Mason only have 3 true big men, but thing is, our GUARDS, Lofton, Pig, Garrison & Dunaway are out rebounding them, so why didn't Matt have 40pts, if I remember correctly, he had 27 points. Hmmm.

Mason won the game on a last second PLAY, not a last second heave. Not to mention, we shut down Pendleton Co's star to only 4 points in 2Q's, the SAME player who dropped 32 on Paris, hmmm.

As previously mentioned, a well designed, well executed play that resulted in a spectacularly difficult shot by probably only player that could execute a step-back NBN contested game winner. Knowing that Pig shoots 33.7% from 3's on the season, the play was high risk, but great reward!

Weren't you the same one arguing that Pig's numbers show POY winner (May have been another Mason County fan), however lost to Campbell and Brossart in the regular season? You have contradicting agruments. Winning does not mean that one player is better than the other. If that was the case Jackson Crawford should have won POY, since Brossart beat both of them. JMHO.

Don't think that was me.

So glad he has academically qualified, but that does not make him a D1 big man at 6'4"-6'5". Love his heart, power, and effort. Just don't see his shooting stats being remotely strong enough for D1 consideration (48.2% FGs, 25.5% threes and 60.4% FTs) and these are season long stats largely against shorter, weaker opponents. Prep school will guarantee him nothing and usually are for academic non-qualifiers, and some physically immature. Certainly not him, he's a beast.
Have any of you truly watched all conferences of D1 basketball? Obviously not. For one thing he is not going to play the 4 or 5 in college. He is a tweener. Have you ever seen him play in the summer? He plays the majority of his game in the post at Paris because this is where he is needed. He can honestly play any position on the floor which is why he is such a beast. If you put a guard on him, he can take him to the rack. If you put a big guy on him, he is too fast out on the floor. I played D1 and know for sure that he can play right now on numerous D1 teams throughout the country. People need to watch the game a little better smh.

Have any of you truly watched all conferences of D1 basketball? Obviously not. For one thing he is not going to play the 4 or 5 in college. He is a tweener. Have you ever seen him play in the summer? He plays the majority of his game in the post at Paris because this is where he is needed. He can honestly play any position on the floor which is why he is such a beast. If you put a guard on him, he can take him to the rack. If you put a big guy on him, he is too fast out on the floor. I played D1 and know for sure that he can play right now on numerous D1 teams throughout the country. People need to watch the game a little better smh.

Paris Pride til I die, but to call anyone on this team a D1 player is only doing a disservice to them. Koebe is not a D1 guard, he's not a shooting guard, and he can't handle the ball at D1 level. Alvin Sims at 6'4 was a "tweener" but Alvin was athletically gifted, and a lot better guard play.

There have only been a handful of D1 players at Paris, and since you only comment on Paris threads, you're probably from Paris, and I doubt any of those D1 players from Paris would be commenting on this thread. We've also been to some of the same games, I don't recall any D1 players with affiliations to Paris in the crowd. Try again.

Paris Pride til I die, but to call anyone on this team a D1 player is only doing a disservice to them. Koebe is not a D1 guard, he's not a shooting guard, and he can't handle the ball at D1 level. Alvin Sims at 6'4 was a "tweener" but Alvin was athletically gifted, and a lot better guard play.

There have only been a handful of D1 players at Paris, and since you only comment on Paris threads, you're probably from Paris, and I doubt any of those D1 players from Paris would be commenting on this thread. We've also been to some of the same games, I don't recall any D1 players with affiliations to Paris in the crowd. Try again.

well since you know so much AreLinz, you may want to recant your last statement. I am at just about every game at Paris. You are correct. Alvin Sims, was a tweener but his jump shot in high school was just about on the same level or worse than Kobe garrards. How do I know this, because he lived with me and my family. Alvin went to UofL. Which is a higher level D1 school. No one said Kobe Garrard is UofL caliber, but he is D1 level basketball player. I received a D1 scholarship and will be in the stands tonight wearing a black greyhound Pom Pom shirt with greyhounds shining in Orange. Hopefully we can meet. ;-)

Paris Pride til I die, but to call anyone on this team a D1 player is only doing a disservice to them. Koebe is not a D1 guard, jhe's not a shooting guard, and he can't handle the ball at D1 level. Alvin Sims at 6'4 was a "tweener" but Alvin was athletically gifted, and a lot better guard play.

well since you know so much AreLinz, you may want to recant your last statement. I am at just about every game at Paris. You are correct. Alvin Sims, was a tweener but his jump shot in high school was just about on the same level or worse than Kobe garrards. How do I know this, because he lived with me and my family. Alvin went to UofL. Which is a higher level D1 school. No one said Kobe Garrard is UofL caliber, but he is D1 level basketball player. I received a D1 scholarship and will be in the stands tonight wearing a black greyhound Pom Pom shirt with greyhounds shining in Orange. Hopefully we can meet. ;-)

Sorry, but have not heard anyone claim he is being recruited specifically by a D1 program. It is March of his senior year, and schools would be highly involved if they were interested. Speed...yes. Athleticism.....yes. Ballhandling......maybe? Shooting....stats say definitely not. Sorry, IMO. Could sit at end of bench somewhere, but I would think he will go where he gets to play.

Ahhhh yes I forgot the fellow Illinois-Chicago connection ;) But Koebe is not or will he be a D1 Bball player. Great high school player, pulling for him and the rest. But isn't the "tweener" Alvin was. Will he dominate this game? Yes. If he wants to walk on at D1 program he might be able to.

Ahhhh yes I forgot the fellow Illinois-Chicago connection ;) But Koebe is not or will he be a D1 Bball player. Great high school player, pulling for him and the rest. But isn't the "tweener" Alvin was. Will he dominate this game? Yes. If he wants to walk on at D1 program he might be able to.

And that is only if he has great character and excellent grades. Two requisites for most D1s. Don't want to unhappiness on bench, and need walk-ons to help team GPA. "Thats a fact, Jack."