The Academy Awards

THE SHERIFF

The gift bag thing is really interesting. They're done by an independent marketing company that was actually sued by the Academy' date=' which didn't like the company profiting off the "Oscar" branding.[/quote']

Wealthy stars will pay $98k in federal and CA state taxes.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that finds it just a little ironic that Biden discusses ending the rape culture and introduces Lady Gaga, who sings a song about sexual assault, when just this past fall she starred in the most recent American Horror Story, which is typically filled with quite a bit of sexual violence and sexual assaults?

I didn't watch the Oscars and don't know the song, but that just seemed a little funny to me.

Watched some of Chris Rocks monologue after the fact on line. Some of it was funny...but here's the thing, it gets to be too much/too old/too stale after a while, move on to something else. I really like me some Krispy Kreme doughnuts, but as much as I like them, after downing 5 or 6 (in the past, don't do it now) they get to be too much and I have to put them down can they can start to leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Edited by BigVMan23

Didn't watch but I'm glad Leo finally got the win.

Leo is complicated guy he always comes off as sincere when talking about Global warming but at the same time his lifestyle has probably left a larger carbon footprint than most.

For the record I envy his lifestyle.

No doubt.

"They were protesting real things in the 50s and 60s. Not the Oscars. Hard to worry about who won Best Cinematographer when your grandma is swinging from a tree."

:lol2: :lol2:

I said damn, Chris is going in on everybody. :lol2:

Shaun King had a piece up on the New York Daily News website last night talking about how inappropriate Chris Rock's monologue was. :lol2: Gonna unfollow him right.......now.

The Jada/Rihanna joke was hilarious.

Am I the only one that finds it just a little ironic that Biden discusses ending the rape culture and introduces Lady Gaga, who sings a song about sexual assault, when just this past fall she starred in the most recent American Horror Story, which is typically filled with quite a bit of sexual violence and sexual assaults?

I didn't watch the Oscars and don't know the song, but that just seemed a little funny to me.

She said in a red carpet interview before it started that she had been sexually assualted in the past.

Watched some of Chris Rocks monologue after the fact on line. Some of it was funny...but here's the thing, it gets to be too much/too old/too stale after a while, move on to something else. I really like me some Krispy Kreme doughnuts, but as much as I like them, after downing 5 or 6 (in the past, don't do it now) they get to be too much and I have to put them down can they can start to leave a bad taste in your mouth.

I agree. His stuff was funny for a time but after a while he needed to move on to other material. His race angle was overkill.

No doubt.

"They were protesting real things in the 50s and 60s. Not the Oscars. Hard to worry about who won Best Cinematographer when your grandma is swinging from a tree."

:lol2: :lol2:

I said damn, Chris is going in on everybody. :lol2:

Shaun King had a piece up on the New York Daily News website last night talking about how inappropriate Chris Rock's monologue was. :lol2: Gonna unfollow him right.......now.

If King hated it, I probably would have liked it.