The Academy Awards

THE SHERIFF

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If delivered the right way it can cause people to think - maybe reconsider their viewpoint.

Agreed. Unless you want to listen to a bunch of fart jokes most comedy does this. Could you imagine Pryor, Carlin, Hicks, Chappelle, Louis CK, etc. if they danced around making people uncomfortable?

Some of the worst and most boring films I have ever seen have been Academy Awards Best Picture movies. They miss it by a mile some times. Even the director of Gandhi said his movie should have lost to ET in 1982. One'a a classic and the other's largely forgotten.

I watched it the other night. For being an Oscar winner...I was pretty underwhelmed.

That's unfortunate. I watched three of the nominees and "Winter On Fire" was my favorite of the bunch. I'll probably catch "Amy" soon.

What did you watch and where are they available?

I watched "Winter on Fire," "What Happened, Miss Simone?" and "Cartel Land." They're all on Netflix right now. It would be nice if "Amy" or "The Look of Silence" found there way to Netflix too.

I watched "Winter on Fire," "What Happened, Miss Simone?" and "Cartel Land." They're all on Netflix right now. It would be nice if "Amy" or "The Look of Silence" found there way to Netflix too.

I've seen the same ones thanks to Netflix. Definitely agree about Winter on Fire.