Move the games back to Louisville!

W.E. Raider

...or Lexington at least!

The attendance was awful this year! Parking with WKU taking finals made it a total traffic jam! I couldn't get a seat at Double Dogs! The drive was too far!

I figured I'd get a jump on this thread.

Oh, and while I'm at it SIX CLASSES IS WAY TOO MANY!!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So do I. Hopefully when the current contract runs out with WKU, Commonwealth will host the finals.

I'd rather have Louisville than Lexington, but I'd rather have Lexington than Bowling Green. I too suspect this thread was meant to be a parody, but honestly, there wasn't anything in the opening statement that I disagreed with.

There's nothing like playing in a gigantic, empty stadium to really give you that state title game atmosphere.

Many of the games played in Cardinal Stadium had a ton of empty seats. 6,000 people in a 50,000 seat stadium (Cardinal Stadium) wouldn't look much different in a 61,000 seat stadium (Commonwealth). If you ask the Kids who played in State title games, I'm sure they'll tell you the experience was pretty cool regardless and playing in the state game wasn't devalued by the stadium they played in. For selfish reasons I would love for it to be in Lexington but in all honesty it doesn't matter to me where it's played. WKU, UL, UK or EKU can all hold the crowds and have turf playing fields. The games are just as important and exciting regardless of location and size of the stadium.

Does this have something to do with people actually having to spend money to go watch a sporting event? A bunch of misers.

Sorry people from the southern part of the state don't want to travel to Lexington for Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Baseball, Softball, and Football. People are so quick to cry over spending a buck. Sorry you have to take one drive out of the year to watch the best of the best in one sport. One sport outside of a metro and it becomes terrible.. Whether you wanna admit it or not, WKU has the best stadium for a high school championship. Turf, nice club area (high school state championship size, not national championship size), More than enough seating but not too much. Yes parking may be a little tough but is that what's not gonna make you come watch?

You have all state championships in the northern part of the state. What's wrong with having ONE down here? Give us a break from traveling for once.

There's nothing like playing in a gigantic, empty stadium to really give you that state title game atmosphere.

I could care less about where the games played, honestly I'm a lot closer to BG than Lexington or Louisville, but I don't understand the rationale that because their would be unfilled seats at Commonwealth or Papa Johns that it should be a huge factor in determining where the games are played. Other states do it for their championship games. Lucas Oil Stadium is as big of a venue as Commonwealth and the Indiana folks don't seem to have any complaints. Ohio plays theirs in the massive 100,000+ Horseshoe.