Move the games back to Louisville!

W.E. Raider

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could care less about where the games played, honestly I'm a lot closer to BG than Lexington or Louisville, but I don't understand the rationale that because their would be unfilled seats at Commonwealth or Papa Johns that it should be a huge factor in determining where the games are played. Other states do it for their championship games. Lucas Oil Stadium is as big of a venue as Commonwealth and the Indiana folks don't seem to have any complaints. Ohio plays theirs in the massive 100,000+ Horseshoe.

Those places fill up those massive stadiums a whole lot better than we fill up Papa John's or Commonwealth. Texas plays some of their playoff games in AT&T stadium so some people have to travel to Dallas every week for playoff games but apparently they are playing the championship game in a smaller stadium because AT&T stadium is too big. Hell, too many folks are sad about the games being at WKU. We can't even fill up that joint unless a local team is playing. :lol2: :lol2:

If you poll the 12 teams in the finals (I'm talking about the players) and ask them which stadium they would want to play at the most, WKU would not be the choice, not by a long shot.

In the same breath, if you asked them if they REALLY cared where it was played, they would probably say no.

Everyone that wants it at WKU is looking at it from a FAN perspective, whether they will admit it or not.

I still say it should move to Murray State, in addition to a stadium that would work it has amenities that are not available elsewhere like fishing :thumb:. How awesome would it be to take the teams and fans over to Kentucky Lake the day before for a little R & R and drop some hooks in the water. Some of those city kids may have never caught a fish. Or take them duck or deer hunting :scared:. I would even be willing to loan out a few of my guns for them to use, well the rural teams kids anyway :sssh:

I would LOVE to see the FINALS moved to Commonwealth. With the new renovations' date=' hotels galore in that area, and everything from food, spirits, and football all within a couple of minutes all around. Commish Tackett will not do this IMO.[/quote']

Well football everywhere except at the University. :lol2:

Move the KHSAA offices to Elizabethtown.

Build a 15000-20000 seat facility with the type of track to host football, soccer, track, tennis

Build a 15000 seat gym to host basketball, volleyball and whatever else i'm forgetting.

You guys who are complaining about everything and everyone pony up and pay for it.

Move the KHSAA offices to Elizabethtown.

Build a 15000-20000 seat facility with the type of track to host football, soccer, track, tennis

Build a 15000 seat gym to host basketball, volleyball and whatever else i'm forgetting.

You guys who are complaining about everything and everyone pony up and pay for it.

If only people who have kids participating in sports are going to pay for it, sure...

In my promotion of Murray State to host I must also point out that another wonderful feature is the LBL. Families coming down to watch lil Johnny could go camping wither before or after the games and take advantage of the many nature trails and beauty of the Lakes or go to the buffalo range, planetarium, 1850's homeplace or Kentucky's first iron furnace. With these amenities I can not believe no one else has got on board with me to push for Murray

In my promotion of Murray State to host I must also point out that another wonderful feature is the LBL. Families coming down to watch lil Johnny could go camping wither before or after the games and take advantage of the many nature trails and beauty of the Lakes or go to the buffalo range, planetarium, 1850's homeplace or Kentucky's first iron furnace. With these amenities I can not believe no one else has got on board with me to push for Murray

Don't forget Patty's! Great pork chop! And Great Crappie Fishing!