Everything posted by BIG_BALLIN
-
#1 Covington Catholic vs. #5 Madison Southern (5A State Final)
He won't pay for a drink in Berea at least until the start of next season win or lose this game. Cov. Cath is of course the HEAVY FAVORITE...but I expect Southern to come out and play hard. No matter the outcome Southern being here is HUGE.
-
George Rogers Clark 53 Madison Central 42
...eh...not really. Madison Central is way down but of course they'll improve by the end of the year, but now is the time to beat them.
-
South Laurel @ Rockcastle County Predictions
South Laurel isn't very good...Rock ROLLS...48 to 6.
-
Berea 2016
Berea was NOT young last year, their skill kids outside of the QB was a Senior. They should fold football.
-
44th District Draw
...and to answer your first question...YES...Model will NOT schedule Madison Central.
-
44th District Draw
I agree with you, Model and Berea WILL NOT vote for seeding under both administrations, and YES Model DOES NOT deserve to play Madison Central in the first round of the district. My point is instead of playing Central they should be playing Madison Southern (who they have already beaten) and get a shot to go play in the Regional tournament. Model and Berea usually are the bottom 2 this year it is Southern, (but I know if this was brought up Southern would ALWAYS vote to seed). Point being as has happened MANY times before your best 2 teams will not represent the 44th district in the 11th Regional tournament. In reality, not seeding has hurt girls basketball in the 44th district more than the boys.
-
44th District Draw
This is the last thing I'll say about this!!! Berea, Model, Madison Southern all play each other. Madison Central plays Madison Southern and Berea, but Model won't schedule Madison Central, I'm not sure why other than the fact they don't have to and they would take an "L". The 44th district is a joke, and its sickening to see Model or Berea in the Region when majority of the time THEY DON'T deserve it. Central dominates this district winning it 20+ straight years I think, but it hurts when the 2nd best team sometimes doesn't get in, and causes somebody in the 11th Region to basically gets a bye in their first game. Model is paying the price this year. Would they win an 11th Region game...probably not, and in all honesty even though Model beat Southern this year its a wash because they are very close. But think of this...what if Berea were to go and play in the Region...that would be a joke and the rest of the 11th Region teams should raise this issue because it makes the Region road a little easier than in other Regions. Not trying to raise a fuss or cause a stir, but IMO its just the right thing to do.
-
44th District Draw
Well if he or the AD at Model would put their big boy pants on and vote to seed then this wouldn't even be an issue.
-
44th District Draw
Model or Berea won't vote to seed it. Bit Model in the butt this year.
-
44th District Draw
Madison Central vs. Model Madison Southern vs. Berea I'm sure Model and Coach Scarberry are not real happy since they already beat Madison Southern this year...LOL
-
Madison Central 51 Trinity 48
I keep saying it and I feel it's true Coach Feldhaus is the best coach in the state period. This team this year has very little talent but he knows how to get it out of them, which several coaches just can't do.
-
Model 86 Madison Southern 79 (OT)
I like this Southern team, and all winter they talked about how they could play with Madison Central...they better get to work and chase Model. Otieno could play for any team in the 11th and some of you will kill me for saying that but I haven't seen anybody stop him. He is the best individual player in the 44th and showed it last night. It was a good game. I look for Southern to bounce back and take it out on Berea this Friday. Good game Model...damn did I just type that...LOL
-
Madison Central 59 Dunbar 54
The scary thing this is Central's least talented team in 7 or 8 years. Allen is the best coach in the state. He demands no less just because he doesn't have the talent he normally has.
-
What's Your Thoughts On This Quote By Pulaski's Hines?
Riley Hall could play at EKU or an OVC school. I think if given a little time he could be a solid QB in the MAC...so Coach Hines' comment aren't out of bounds at all.
-
Move the games back to Louisville!
That's why they should have it at UK because its never in use...LOL
-
Bluegrasspreps' 2015-16 11th Region Basketball Preview
Madison Southern needs to get it done this year and win the 44th. I think they will, and while they won't win the 11th I do think they can sneak in a win a game in the Region.
-
Move the games back to Louisville!
I would LOVE to see the FINALS moved to Commonwealth. With the new renovations, hotels galore in that area, and everything from food, spirits, and football all within a couple of minutes all around. Commish Tackett will not do this IMO.
-
Candidates for Mr. Football
If Riley Hall wins another title it has to be him!!! No question.
-
Pulaski County vs North Laurel
Maroons win by a fairly wide margin...42 to 21
-
Covington Catholic @ Madison Southern Predictions
I don't think a blocked punt is a GIFT...Sounds like special teams getting the job done to me.
-
Covington Catholic @ Madison Southern Predictions
Madison Southern is one of the top rushing teams in 5A. They only pass throw to throw the defense off or keep them honest. Madison Southern does have one of the best Secondaries in 5A. The key for this is to stay in man defense and not go to zone. Everytime Southern plays zone in the secondary thats when trouble happens. Speed wise Southern will match-up just fine with Cov Cath. Madison Southern is also very good on special teams so this part of the game should favor the Eagles. If Cov. Catholic keeps Madison Southern in 3rd and long the Eagles will struggle because even though Slone has a big arm, the WR's are suspect at best. GO EAGLES!!!
-
Covington Catholic @ Madison Southern Predictions
Southern was up on Grant Co. 27-7 at the half. Southern thought the game was over to start the 2nd half and Grant came back. I do think Cov Cath wins this game but if Southern plays a full game this will be good game, which I think will happen. Cov. Cath 28 Madison Southern 21
-
Madison Southern @ Madison Central 10-30-15
Should a GREAT ENVIRONMENT...I spoke with Brandon Fritz last night and he said he expects between 8 to 10,000 people there tonight.
-
Rockcastle County Football
gchs...come on now...I know several of the people on this site, and not many want Rockcastle Co. to be back to what they were.
-
Rockcastle County Football
People have said it to Parkey and to the Administration.