Move the games back to Louisville!

W.E. Raider

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the neigh sayers were really truthful, I think it all boils down to the drive to Bowling Green. They put WKU/BG down just to attempt to shorten the round trip drive they have to make and to a lesser degree the resulting cost of that. Just my opinion.

I've always like it at westerns stadium until this year. This is supposed to the the crowning weekend of a long season of high school football and it's getting shoved aside like a stepchild. This rearranging is a fiasco and they should have had a stadium contingency in place if they thought this was a possibility. They had no plan and went scrambling. Embarrassing and disrespectful to all those coaches and kids. I liked it at WKU but now wish it would move.

Only during the week of the state championships... It's hard to draw a good crowd any other time of the year!

According to the NCAA WKU averaged 16,306 in attendance last year. I would guess that # is only going to increase this season. That seems pretty good to me considering it is a relatively new FBS program.

I've seen the way that Texas does it mentioned a couple of times. Those complaining about the drive should be glad their schools aren't located down there. Had a school from El Paso made the finals last year they would have had to to travel 614 miles each way to Arlington. Of course that's a quick trip compared to what they would face this year with Houston being 741 miles away.

If the neigh sayers were really truthful, I think it all boils down to the drive to Bowling Green. They put WKU/BG down just to attempt to shorten the round trip drive they have to make and to a lesser degree the resulting cost of that. Just my opinion.

Then you should love me, because I was completely upfront about that. :lol2:

Although, most of those who like it where it is would have further to travel if it were moved, so I would suspect motivations are mostly the same on both sides.

Then you should love me, because I was completely upfront about that. :lol2:

Although, most of those who like it where it is would have further to travel if it were moved, so I would suspect motivations are mostly the same on both sides.

Totally agree Diver!

And yes I Love You! :D

Those places fill up those massive stadiums a whole lot better than we fill up Papa John's or Commonwealth. Texas plays some of their playoff games in AT&T stadium so some people have to travel to Dallas every week for playoff games but apparently they are playing the championship game in a smaller stadium because AT&T stadium is too big. Hell, too many folks are sad about the games being at WKU. We can't even fill up that joint unless a local team is playing. :lol2: :lol2:

I assumed that a place like Ohio would draw a bigger crowd for their high school championships than Kentucky. Even with that being the case hypothetically if Ohio drew 40,000 people (much more than Kentucky draws) to their championship games. That would still leave 65,000+ open seats at Ohio Stadium. Like I said I could care less. I just never understood it mattering if all the seats were filled.

I assumed that a place like Ohio would draw a bigger crowd for their high school championships than Kentucky. Even with that being the case hypothetically if Ohio drew 40,000 people (much more than Kentucky draws) to their championship games. That would still leave 65,000+ open seats at Ohio Stadium. Like I said I could care less. I just never understood it mattering if all the seats were filled.

Very true. I do feel like with 40K people it would still present a better atmosphere than 6K-10K people in a 60K capacity stadium.