J.T. Barrett arrested early this morning

PurplePride92

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. Was hard to match the brilliance and originality of your post. We failed.

Right and calling everyone haters in every single post just oozes originality. OH, I forgot about "SEC fanboy".

Wow, you guys got me. I know when I've been bested, I didn't realize I was up against Vizzini in a battle of whits. I'll just take my SEC pillow and go home.

I don't really care if he's suspended one game, two games, or for the rest of the season. My issue is that Ohio State did not appear to follow their own internal policies. How do you justify that?

My understanding (and please, correct me if I'm wrong) is that Ohio State's Drug & Alcohol Policy requires a 2 game suspension. Barrett has only received a one (1) game suspension. How do you justify this?

Hopefully @John Anthony can explain.

@John Anthony, or anyone else familiar with Ohio State's drug & alcohol policy?

Pardon me, I have not seen any explanation. Can you direct me to the post that answers my question? If so, I'd appreciate it & it would save me time wading through this thread.

For what it's worth, a DUI is the same as an OVI. Under Ohio (and Kentucky) law, it is a misdemeanor. It is the most serious misdemeanor you can be charged with in Ohio, but it is a misdemeanor. The 4th DUI is a felony in both Ohio & Kentucky.

@John Anthony, do you have an answer for this? Granted, I haven't studied the policy, but the punishment appears inconsistent with the written policy. Am I overlooking something?

@John Anthony, do you have an answer for this? Granted, I haven't studied the policy, but the punishment appears inconsistent with the written policy. Am I overlooking something?

I answered it earlier. The wording is a bit odd but once it was explained to me I could see it . FIrst offense gets increased testing. IF you're being tested and you're underage and you fail a test you are moved to the 2nd offense/ 2 week category.

So JT is in the "being tested" stage.

@John Anthony' date=' do you have an answer for this? Granted, I haven't studied the policy, but the punishment appears inconsistent with the written policy. Am I overlooking something?[/quote']

Clyde spent much more time researching it, he would know better than me. And he is the one who is questioning the University. I don't know to be honest with you. Not sure if it's outdated or subject to discretion. They seemed to focus on the fact that he was a first time offender and felt one game was enough because that seems to be the "standard" in college football.

My opinion is all OVI/DUI related charges should be a minimum of 2 games.

One game is still better than the none that Ashley Lowery did not receive for his DUI wreck that almost killed him. I know you are a smart UK fan but many other UK fans decided to attack OSU, because they do at every given opportunity but I find it to be hypocrisy at its finest level.

Clyde spent much more time researching it, he would know better than me. And he is the one who is questioning the University. I don't know to be honest with you. Not sure if it's outdated or subject to discretion. They seemed to focus on the fact that he was a first time offender and felt one game was enough because that seems to be the "standard" in college football.

My opinion is all OVI/DUI related charges should be a minimum of 2 games.

One game is still better than the none that Ashley Lowery did not receive for his DUI wreck that almost killed him. I know you are a smart UK fan but many other UK fans decided to attack OSU, because they do at every given opportunity but I find it to be hypocrisy at its finest level.

So, you spent more time researching Ashely Lowery than looking up OSU policy?

Edited by doubledeuce

So' date=' you spent more time researching Ashely Lowery than looking up OSU policy?[/quote']

I understand the law and structure. It was Meyer's choice on the suspension, the AD, the president and the board of directors didn't question it. If you all want to go after them I know of a few good lawyers, message me.

Also, I spent about 5 minutes remembering and exposing the hypocrisy of your fan base calling out a kid who was suspended for his DUI when your kid wasn't. Carry on.

I understand the law and structure. It was Meyer's choice on the suspension, the AD, the president and the board of directors didn't question it. If you all want to go after them I know of a few good lawyers, message me.

Also, I spent about 5 minutes remembering and exposing the hypocrisy of your fan base calling out a kid who was suspended for his DUI when your kid wasn't. Carry on.

Yeah, I need a lawyer for this.....what would a lawyer do anyway?

Like I said you spent more time looking up Lowery.

For the record, what ever UM felt appropriate is fine with me.