I, Racist

born2reign

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet my Master's degree from UK on the fact that I understood and applied that term to your argument better than you did to mine.

Well do you want me to private message you my address so you can send the diploma ?

You created the either/or scenario not myself. I stated my belief on a topic. You created the scenario either your on my side or the problem.

You don't have to send the frame.

Um...you created the extreme by saying racial privledge doesn't exist. That is the extreme in this scenario. Rather than say that you don't believe it is a primary cause for racial divide, you say it doesn't exist. You created your own dichotomy, dude. I am simply accepting your point of view- as long as you support that extreme, then you are, in fact, a part of the problem.

I don't think that LB ever said that it doesn't exist, but just not as much as you're making it out to in the present day, or that it is the only or primary reason for racial problems. You constantly driving it like it is, and the assessment that he is part of the problem if he doesn't see it like you, is in itself part of the problem, and ridiculously shallow. You sound like a broken record stuck on one note incapable of blending a few to create a harmony.

What about interacial marriges, does the author think those awful honkies are racist?

As a black man married to a white woman, I will tell you that I point out to her when she is being racist. She will do the same to me. One of her greatest qualities is that she is not afraid of this conversation on race. She is not afraid to admit to privledge or inequalities or injustice where she sees it. She will tell me when her feelings are hurt; she will tell me when she disagrees. We can have the conversation because it is truly open and honest, not dismissive or patronizing.

I wish all people were as will to discuss openly and, more importantly, act on the conversation.

The extreme in this scenario is to say if I don't accept it then I'm either a racist or part of the problem. Giving an either/or dichotomy. I never provided such an outcome. I just simply stated I find the definition and classes taught around the concept of white privilege are completely flawed. Again not providing an either/or for those who oppose that view .

Where as you multiple times created and stated the false dichotomy either/or scenario. But nice try.

A poor white person can dress in their Sunday best and interview for a job and not have to wonder when they don't get a call back if it was because of their skin color. A poor black person, or even a well-off black person can't do the same.

Well do you want me to private message you my address so you can send the diploma ?

You created the either/or scenario not myself. I stated my belief on a topic. You created the scenario either your on my side or the problem.

You don't have to send the frame.

I actually had our conversation analyzed by my friend that is a Philosophy professor at Texas Wesleyan. According to his expert opinion, my diploma is safe where it is. Thanks, though.

Any time you want to actually discuss the article with me, though, I'm here.

Does all academia teach white privilege ?

Now you are back peddling.

Your very post is why I have a problem with academia and it's concept of white privilege. It blurs the line of real racism.

Sure sounds like you are talking about all of academia. I'm glad to know that was not your intention.

I don't think that LB ever said that it doesn't exist, but just not as much as you're making it out to in the present day, or that it is the only or primary reason for racial problems. You constantly driving it like it is, and the assessment that he is part of the problem if he doesn't see it like you, is in itself part of the problem, and ridiculously shallow. You sound like a broken record stuck on one note incapable of blending a few to create a harmony.

Thank you someone gets the point. I've never stated racism doesn't exist . I call it out when I see it. My gripe has been and will always be with the Sociology professors who are racial flame throwers who paint everyone who doesn't agree with their concepts as a problem or racist.

I know I'm not black. But how many of you criticizing me have actually listened to a lecture on White privilege or read books on it. I always read on subjects I don't agree with to see if maybe further exploration will change my mind.

The concepts being taught in universities and stated in the media are a lot more complex than some are stating. It is filled with accusatory statements , blame and shaming. It takes giant leaps to reach desired conclusions.

Also I've stated multiple times the very premise of

A: You are with me

or

B: You are the problem

It is a false dichotomy and makes the very assumption invalid by any practical reasoning structure.

Now you are back peddling.

Sure sounds like you are talking about all of academia. I'm glad to know that was not your intention.

It was pretty clear since I've brought up Sociology in about dozen posts and that the concept resides in Sociology.

I actually had our conversation analyzed by my friend that is a Philosophy professor at Texas Wesleyan. According to his expert opinion, my diploma is safe where it is. Thanks, though.

Any time you want to actually discuss the article with me, though, I'm here.

I've done it in multiple posts.

Haha I'm sure you did by the way.

I'm calling hogwash because a poster on this site who has a Masters in Philosophy just text me to reassure me I didn't create the either or scenario and that was you.

Please show me where I did.

Did you state either I have your opinion or I'm the problem. You did multiple times. That is the basic definition of a false dichotomy.

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 8

If the only two options are subscribing to white privilege or being a racist, that is a false dichotomy.What other alternatives are there besides those two. If there is not a false dichotomy there will be other options. For example it's conceivable that that white privilege is not accurate and that someone is ALSO not a racist. Then what.

So, to be clear, you are only painting all of sociology academia with a broad brush?

Those who teach this concept I don't find to be accurate and I completely disagree with.

I don't know what broad brush I don't like the concept and find a lot of writing behind it to be to simple and jumps to to many conclusions.

As a black man married to a white woman, I will tell you that I point out to her when she is being racist. She will do the same to me. One of her greatest qualities is that she is not afraid of this conversation on race. She is not afraid to admit to privledge or inequalities or injustice where she sees it. She will tell me when her feelings are hurt; she will tell me when she disagrees. We can have the conversation because it is truly open and honest, not dismissive or patronizing.

I wish all people were as will to discuss openly and, more importantly, act on the conversation.

So would the arthor consider her a racist? I certainly wouldn't, she may have views that differ but she certain doesn't judge black people due to their race.