Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I, Racist

Featured Replies

If what we are discussing is the existance of racial privledge and you choose to believe that it doesn't exist, then, yes, you are a part of the problem. :thumb:

 

False Dichotomy

 

 

 

So either I have to abide by your premise or I'm part the problem . Then you wonder why the discussion can't be had. Comical.

  • Replies 240
  • Views 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd argue the author of this article is a much bigger part of the problem .

 

1. He can't talked to his supposed favorite Aunt about race because she is white and he doesn't like her position. ( The common tactic today by a lot people in most debates , if you don't have my opinion then yours is invalid. )

 

2. All white people are racist

 

3. Black people can't be racist.

 

Yep a real constructive conversation.

False Dichotomy

 

 

 

So either I have to abide by your premise or I'm part the problem . Then you wonder why the discussion can't be had. Comical.

 

Your thinking is part of the problem, but you will never see it, so discussing it with that mindset is pointless.

Your thinking is part of the problem, but you will never see it, so discussing it with that mindset is pointless.

 

No the problem starts with the either/or basis of the stance many of you have. You learn that in Philosophy 101 that if you start a discussion with an either/or scenario it is what's called a false dichotomy because there are more than two outcomes.

 

The very assumption that I don't abide by the white privilege concept automatically assumes I'm the problem defeats your stance from the start.

  • Author
False Dichotomy

 

 

 

So either I have to abide by your premise or I'm part the problem . Then you wonder why the discussion can't be had. Comical.

 

As long as you believe that racial privilege is a fallacy, then you are a part of the problem.

No the problem starts with the either/or basis of the stance many of you have. You learn that in Philosophy 101 that if you start a discussion with an either/or scenario it is what's called a false dichotomy because there are more than two outcomes.

 

The very assumption that I don't abide by the white privilege concept automatically assumes I'm the problem defeats your stance from the start.

 

Yawn

  • Author
No the problem starts with the either/or basis of the stance many of you have. You learn that in Philosophy 101 that if you start a discussion with an either/or scenario it is what's called a false dichotomy because there are more than two outcomes.

 

The very assumption that I don't abide by the white privilege concept automatically assumes I'm the problem defeats your stance from the start.

 

Um...you created the extreme by saying racial privledge doesn't exist. That is the extreme in this scenario. Rather than say that you don't believe it is a primary cause for racial divide, you say it doesn't exist. You created your own dichotomy, dude. I am simply accepting your point of view- as long as you support that extreme, then you are, in fact, a part of the problem.

As long as you believe that racial privilege is a fallacy, then you are a part of the problem.

 

So again I point out the errors in your reasoning your response is to try and force me to accept the errors in your reasoning.

 

Do you understand what a false dichotomy is?

Um...you created the extreme by saying racial privledge doesn't exist. That is the extreme in this scenario. Rather than say that you don't believe it is a primary cause for racial divide, you say it doesn't exist. You created your own dichotomy, dude. I am simply accepting your point of view- as long as you support that extreme, then you are, in fact, a part of the problem.

 

My point from the very beginning is the concept of white privilege as presented in Sociology today is presented with a false premise from the start. There is nothing extreme about it and I've proved through scientific reasoning.

 

Racism exists. All white people are not born into privilege in 2015. I do not accept that.

Um...you created the extreme by saying racial privledge doesn't exist. That is the extreme in this scenario. Rather than say that you don't believe it is a primary cause for racial divide, you say it doesn't exist. You created your own dichotomy, dude. I am simply accepting your point of view- as long as you support that extreme, then you are, in fact, a part of the problem.

 

The extreme in this scenario is to say if I don't accept it then I'm either a racist or part of the problem. Giving an either/or dichotomy. I never provided such an outcome. I just simply stated I find the definition and classes taught around the concept of white privilege are completely flawed. Again not providing an either/or for those who oppose that view .

 

Where as you multiple times created and stated the false dichotomy either/or scenario. But nice try.

  • Author
So again I point out the errors in your reasoning your response is to try and force me to accept the errors in your reasoning.

 

Do you understand what a false dichotomy is?

 

I'll bet my Master's degree from UK on the fact that I understood and applied that term to your argument better than you did to mine.

Soo....you're saying...what? All is utopic? No more work to be done?

 

The passage of time alone doesn't mitigate the effects of oppression.

 

Good. I want some reparations from Italy for persecution of Christians at the time of the Roman Empire.

There very next part of the sentence shows I wasn't talking about all of Academia but a specific segment? You proved my point ?

Your very post is why I have a problem with academia and it's concept of white privilege. It blurs the line of real racism.

 

Which part of the sentence shows that you weren't talking about all academia?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.