The latest cops vs. the community video (McKinney, Texas)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very true. That's why it's best to avoid all conflicts like the plague.
I have said it before on this board, but I will say it again: Way too many folks in our society go out of their way to be offended.......they just absolutely love it, because it makes them feel important.

I have said it before on this board, but I will say it again: Way too many folks in our society go out of their way to be offended.......they just absolutely love it, because it makes them feel important.

Agreed. I think more often than not we are able to agree to disagree on here without conflict. Granted it doesn't always work like that but considering the content we discuss and how we discuss it I think in the end we all do a good job of moving past potential explosions.

Agreed. I think more often than not we are able to agree to disagree on here without conflict. Granted it doesn't always work like that but considering the content we discuss and how we discuss it I think in the end we all do a good job of moving past potential explosions.

The ignore function is a great help for me!

For they record, they sure know how to throw a pool party down there! Huge crowd with or without invitations.

I'm heading down the Dallas shortly. I'll be looking around for some police action for sure. State has been making the news lately.

For they record, they sure know how to throw a pool party down there! Huge crowd with or without invitations.

I'm heading down the Dallas shortly. I'll be looking around for some police action for sure. State has been making the news lately.

Stay away from the grassy knoll.

I have an aunt and uncle that live in McKinney. It's a very nice town and surround area. Their daughter lives in Frisco (basically McKinney as well) and her husband is a cop in Richardson (close by, not sure how close).

I've enjoyed the few times I've been there. It's a shame what seems like a nice town has to make headlines over this.

I am always respectful, say please, thank you, yes sir, no ma'am, etc...and that's what I teach my children to do as well. Police have a hard enough job to do without me making it harder on them.

I have thanked every officer who has ever given me a speeding ticket, without exception. I don't see what would be gained by doing anything to the contrary.

I have thanked every officer who has ever given me a speeding ticket, without exception. I don't see what would be gained by doing anything to the contrary.

I've never thanked them, but I am always respectful. No sense in causing myself any more trouble.

Have any of them ever taken the ticket back after you thanked them?

Not one. They typically have told me to be careful, and I thank them for what they do. Even in the one instance where I had a dude like the topic of this thread (undoubtedly picked on his whole life, now has a chip on his shoulder to go along with a badge and a gun), I was nothing but nice and apologetic and he was fine. I just don't see any benefit in being argumentative or a problem. I sped, you caught me, I pay, you win. Simple process. I'm good with it.