The latest cops vs. the community video (McKinney, Texas)

This one is going around on Facebook labeled as:

"Neighbors call the cops because there were too many blacks at a pool party."

The video picks up after the cops arrive. I'm really not sure why the cops were called or what triggered their involvement at the pool party. One officer has been suspended as a result for "out of control" behavior.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Gl92emFF3Ww

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Came here to post this. Guy should go ahead and look for a new job now. I'm sure he's got plenty of options tho... seems like a pretty rational guy.

:idunno:

Grabbing a teenage girl by the hair and throwing her down? Check.

Pulling a gun on some unarmed kid? Check.

Looks like lots of people in the video were just concerned for her and his roughing her up got everyone worked up even more.

Then again, I can't really say what this guy is thinking because I've never pulled a gun on a kid either, so there's that.

Guy looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen, but what do I know? Cue the "most officers do their job right"... "but black people..." chorus.

Things like this are why black people don't trust police and why most of the public now wants officers wearing body cams.

When the body cam thing becomes a reality, police should just go ahead and blame their own bad eggs for it, not the public.

Thankfully the other officers there seemed to be trying to protect the people... sadly, it was from one of their own. Either way, I commend them for doing the right thing and standing up to the guy.

Also, we'll probably hear, "but they fired him... what else could you want?".

How's this? Not hiring him, disciplining him for small things he does before they lead to big things like this, being tougher during screening process for hires, or, call me crazy, but just not hiring guys like him?

Got to get rid of these powder keg officers as they just make the job harder for the rest of the police.

Agreed. Most people have pretty strong feelings on this issue because they are always seeing videos and incidents like this. In the back of lots of people's minds is also the thought, "how would this have ended up working out in the long run if there were no cameras?".

The people in this video like the girl being dragged around by her hair or the kid with a gun pulled on him are not going to trust police anymore, but can you really blame them? This is why the distrust is so bad. Lots of built up feelings of resentment and people left feeling powerless after altercations with goofs like this one who are probably as deserving of being locked up as the people they are locking up.

Lots on here make fun of me for initially taking up for Danielle Watts (even though that was almost a year ago now, some people still find it to be fresh material apparently), but when things come out like Stewart Ferrin being written up tons of times including less than 5 days before his next blowup, I'm not seeing anyone saying "I was wrong about Ms. Ore".

Finally, I think it's odd that our country seems to have plenty of capabilities to spy on it's citizens, but people who are anti-filming are always talking about the "costs of cameras, costs of storage for all of that data", etc.

This doesn't look good at all. I'd like some more reports to come out because there are conflicting reports on why it happened and people not listening to police.

But regardless what comes out the cop who pulled his gun should probably be punished by more than just losing his job. To react to a teenage girl in that matter tells me you don't need to be in society period right now.