The latest cops vs. the community video (McKinney, Texas)

Same here. I have taught my kids the same as well. I go out of my way to be respectful but I do think I fear them more than you do. I have taken a concealed carry class but even if I owned a gun I'd never consider carrying a gun in my car. It would stay locked up in my house.

You can't use "slave mode" though. That's for me only. :D

My family is from the south. I'm sure there's a bit of slave in my blood. That's ok though; I prefer princess mode anyway! :angrybird5:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. I have taught my kids the same as well. I go out of my way to be respectful but I do think I fear them more than you do. I have taken a concealed carry class but even if I owned a gun I'd never consider carrying a gun in my car. It would stay locked up in my house.

la can use little girly girl mode.

We'll never know the whole truth of this situation and folks will believe what they want to believe.

Translation:

Most blacks will believe the woman made racial slurs and assaulted the teens. Most blacks will believe the cop could have handled the 14 or 15 year old girl armed in a bikini a little bit better. Most blacks will watch the video and wonder why all of the black kids were put in cuffs and accosted while the white kids stood by without being questioned filming it all on their iPhones. Most blacks will wonder why eye witness accounts of people who were there are being discredited by people who live in the neighborhood but weren't actually there.

Most whites will say she was breaking up the fight and it is a shame she is being portrayed the way she is. Most whites will say there was a party full of uninvited guests that were out of control, smoking weed, assaulting security guards, screaming at residents, vandalizing property, etc. Most whites will say the cops did the right thing in body slamming the threatening teenager for not listening.

It is what is. I still have no clue what to make of this particular incident. I am following all of the dialogue from this incident closely and as always it is alarming and disappointing to see and hear two different conversations with no hope of middle ground.

Except for this black guy.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/06/08/black-radio-host-that-witnessed-mckinney-pool-incident-i-do-not-believe-that-this-was-about-race/

That's why I said "most" and not "all". I'm speaking about all of the dialogue around this incident. No one knows what really happened including this guy who "does not believe that this was about race".

I forget it only takes one black dude to say it's not about race for white people to breathe a sigh of relief. :lol2:

I read a statistic the other day that says a police officer is 20x more likely to be killed by a civilian, than a civilian is to be killed by a police officer.

You should ask your local city police, sheriff's department, or state police post to do a ride along. You'd be surprised at how different it is than what you imagine. I've rode several times and it's nothing like what I expected.

That's why I said "most" and not "all". I'm speaking about all of the dialogue around this incident. No one knows what really happened including this guy who "does not believe that this was about race".

I forget it only takes one black dude to say it's not about race for white people to breathe a sigh of relief. :lol2:

I didn't comment on the video or say anything about being relieved, why do you assume that's what happened?

I read a statistic the other day that says a police officer is 20x more likely to be killed by a civilian, than a civilian is to be killed by a police officer.

You should ask your local city police, sheriff's department, or state police post to do a ride along. You'd be surprised at how different it is than what you imagine. I've rode several times and it's nothing like what I expected.

I'd love to go on a ride along! Not much happens in little old Alexandria though. We did have a meth lab bust just a few miles down the road from the Compound recently. I'd have to pass on that excitement though.

I actually did request one with a homocide officer who is a good friend of a mutual friend. Unfortunately our mutual friend moved away so I likely won't get that opportunity unless we run into each other again by chance. I would LOVE to do a ride along with a homicide officer.

And I guarantee I'll never be murdered by a cop. I could never be that drunk or stupid. I submit fairly quickly and easily to authority that has weapons. :D

I'd love to go on a ride along! Not much happens in little old Alexandria though. We did have a meth lab bust just a few miles down the road from the Compound recently. I'd have to pass on that excitement though.

You can go other places. I bet Newport, Covington or Florence would be interesting.

I didn't comment on the video or say anything about being relieved, why do you assume that's what happened?

Because this guy has become the poster boy by the media for the "it wasn't a racial incident" movement that is taken place. It's definitely interesting watching the dialogue develop.

People everywhere(not you) are now saying, "see, I told you black people always want to make things racial when it isn't."

That's the road the dialogue has taken now.

I actually did request one with a homocide officer who is a good friend of a mutual friend. Unfortunately our mutual friend moved away so I likely won't get that opportunity unless we run into each other again by chance. I would LOVE to do a ride along with a homicide officer.

And I guarantee I'll never be murdered by a cop. I could never be that drunk or stupid. I submit fairly quickly and easily to authority that has weapons. :D

I think a patrol officer would be better to ride with if you want to see what goes on behind the scenes.

Because this guy has become the poster boy by the media for the "it wasn't a racial incident" movement that is taken place. It's definitely interesting watching the dialogue develop.

People everywhere(not you) are now saying, "see, I told you black people always want to make things racial when it isn't."

That's the road the dialogue has taken now.

He lives there and says it wasn't about race. Why is he bring discredited by some and called an uncle tom?

He lives there and says it wasn't about race. Why is he bring discredited by some and called an uncle tom?

That is the harsh reality of choosing sides while black in racial issues. Not saying it is right but that is the reality of the situation. It's also why I would never go on Facebook and say how I truly feel about any racial situation. Choose the black side and my white friends and family would be offended and want to know why am I so angry. Choose the white side and my black friends and family would be offended and someone at some point would call me an Uncle Tom.

Not worth it.

And.....it only takes one person to scream "racism" to be labeled a racist.