The latest cops vs. the community video (McKinney, Texas)

Like the Police Chief said, they need to do a complete investigation.

I will say this from reading some of the comments, it is obvious most of you are outsiders looking in and have absolutely zero idea what it is like for an officer in a situation like that.

He did look very aggressive to me but at the same time when you are outnumbered like that and it is chaotic like that you have to match their numbers with your aggression.

The pulling the gun isn't an issue at all to me and I will go even further and say tactically it was a solid response. When you are focused on one violator and others quickly approach you like that given those circumstances you have to resort to maximum defense of yourself. Thankfully the two young men retreated.

And as to that girl that everyone wants to defend, it is tough to tell because the video is broken up but it appears she was right in the middle of the problem crowd for an extended period of time ignoring several lawful orders to leave/disperse. She definitely should have been taken into custody IF the officer(s) feel anyone needed to be taken into custody for disregarding the lawful order to disperse. I will also add I have had to fight women like that and it appeared the officer was trying to control her without being too rough. Had it been a man he would have been slammed so hard to the ground he would have seen stars but you just can't do that to a woman so you are left with gently trying to restrain them and when they don't cooperate (and she looked tough to hold onto) that is what you get.

I am not completely defending the police officer, what I am saying is from a lot of similar experiences many of you have no clue what you are talking about.

The above is sort of what I was alluding to when I said "chaos." Officers have to take control and this situation looked like it needed that immediately.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I have said, don't commit any crimes and cooperate with the police and NONE of this stuff will ever happen.

No argument there. The only point I am making is that it appears in some cases I wouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt even if I did cooperate with the police. I'm not joking at all when I say I go into slave mode when approached by the police. I do EVERYTHING they say and thank them when they give me tickets. I've seen white people and black people talk back to the police and I am always amazed at the brazenness they possess to do so. My concern is that I feel like I could totally cooperate with the police but an incident could take place and it wouldn't matter how cooperative I was being it would still be my fault. And I know the pro-police crowd will always say, "that would never happen if you blah blah blah" but that is how black people feel whether folks want to address the elephant in the room or not.

No argument there. The only point I am making is that it appears in some cases I wouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt even if I did cooperate with the police. I'm not joking at all when I say I go into slave mode when approached by the police. I do EVERYTHING they say and thank them when they give me tickets. I've seen white people and black people talk back to the police and I am always amazed at the brazenness they possess to do so. My concern is that I feel like I could totally cooperate with the police but an incident could take place and it wouldn't matter how cooperative I was being it would still be my fault. And I know the pro-police crowd will always say, "that would never happen if you blah blah blah" but that is how black people feel whether folks want to address the elephant in the room or not.

If there is video of any of your contacts you will be known nationwide as the guy with the model response to police contact.

I guess what I do is go into slave mode as well because when I get pulled over, I am always respectful, say please, thank you, yes sir, no ma'am, etc...and that's what I teach my children to do as well. Police have a hard enough job to do without me making it harder on them.

Dang, the Internet police have found out that the white woman who has making racial slurs at the black kids is a U.S. Bank Loan Officer and her name is all over Facebook now.

Pretty interesting that a loan officer is caught on video with obvious racial overtones IF this information is true.

bok.png

So there's no video of her making these slurs?

I watched the video (see the tweet lawcat posted, the pic on the right is from the video). The only thing it shows is her trying to break up the fight between the teen and the other woman. What it looked like to me in the video is the teen has the other woman by the hair and she is trying to get the teen off. if that is all that happened it's a shame she is being portrayed this way on social media. If she did make racial slurs then she gets what she deserves.

We'll never know the whole truth of this situation and folks will believe what they want to believe.

Translation:

Most blacks will believe the woman made racial slurs and assaulted the teens. Most blacks will believe the cop could have handled the 14 or 15 year old girl armed in a bikini a little bit better. Most blacks will watch the video and wonder why all of the black kids were put in cuffs and accosted while the white kids stood by without being questioned filming it all on their iPhones. Most blacks will wonder why eye witness accounts of people who were there are being discredited by people who live in the neighborhood but weren't actually there.

Most whites will say she was breaking up the fight and it is a shame she is being portrayed the way she is. Most whites will say there was a party full of uninvited guests that were out of control, smoking weed, assaulting security guards, screaming at residents, vandalizing property, etc. Most whites will say the cops did the right thing in body slamming the threatening teenager for not listening.

It is what is. I still have no clue what to make of this particular incident. I am following all of the dialogue from this incident closely and as always it is alarming and disappointing to see and hear two different conversations with no hope of middle ground.

We'll never know the whole truth of this situation and folks will believe what they want to believe.

Translation:

Most blacks will believe the woman made racial slurs and assaulted the teens. Most blacks will believe the cop could have handled the 14 or 15 year old girl armed in a bikini a little bit better. Most blacks will watch the video and wonder why all of the black kids were put in cuffs and accosted while the white kids stood by without being questioned filming it all on their iPhones. Most blacks will wonder why eye witness accounts of people who were there are being discredited by people who live in the neighborhood but weren't actually there.

Most whites will say she was breaking up the fight and it is a shame she is being portrayed the way she is. Most whites will say there was a party full of uninvited guests that were out of control, smoking weed, assaulting security guards, screaming at residents, vandalizing property, etc. Most whites will say the cops did the right thing in body slamming the threatening teenager for not listening.

It is what is. I still have no clue what to make of this particular incident. I am following all of the dialogue from this incident closely and as always it is alarming and disappointing to see and hear two different conversations with no hope of middle ground.

So is the truth somewhere in between?

I guess what I do is go into slave mode as well because when I get pulled over, I am always respectful, say please, thank you, yes sir, no ma'am, etc...and that's what I teach my children to do as well. Police have a hard enough job to do without me making it harder on them.

Same here. I have taught my kids the same as well. I go out of my way to be respectful but I do think I fear them more than you do. I have taken a concealed carry class but even if I owned a gun I'd never consider carrying a gun in my car. It would stay locked up in my house.

You can't use "slave mode" though. That's for me only. :D