The latest cops vs. the community video (McKinney, Texas)

I saw this on FB yesterday, it's not good at all for a few officers.

The guy who videotaped it, or someone with him, give one of the officers what looked like a flashlight or something that one of the officers dropped, that officer was calm and respectful. A few other teens near that officer and he had no issues with them. But then one officer comes in out of control and had issues with people that the officer who was in front of them had no issues with.

What he dos to the girl was unacceptable! It's officers like this who puts the lives of other officers in jeopardy, and not only the ones who were at this incident. Too many good LEO's out there to have people like this running around with a badge.

I also saw where this guy was picked on all the way through HS and an outcast, and now he thinks that he has power and misuses his authority.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually that's not what they did.

First, from what the video shows the dude seemed to be a over the top. That said I really can't say for sure without seeing a video of the entire encounter. I'll let the McKinney police department investigate and wait for the full story to come out first.

That said, when the guy pulled his gun I don't blame him. When he was in the process of cuffing the girl, there was a crowd of people that came at him and surrounded him. At that point the other officers were not close and he was on his own. He has no idea who has a gun or weapon of some kind and who doesn't. The other officer ran over to help and immediately took off after the 2 he pulled his gun on.

This is not a defense of the way this cop handled the situation. Again I would like to wait and hear the full story.

What, in your mind, would justify how the officer handled the girl?

What, in your mind, would justify how the officer handled the girl?

If he was trying to cuff her and she was resisting/fighting then at some point the officer doesn't have a choice. You put her on the ground and control her. I'm not saying that is what happened here, it's tough to tell from the video.

Not sure what you are expecting in numbers? There were at least 3 there. Could have been more. Also, we don't know if other officers were at other calls or how many police there are on duty in at any time.

It seemed chaotic to me. Lots of people. Spread out. It just felt like they needed more. Maybe there were and I didn't see them but it sure felt like they needed more troops.

Dang, the Internet police have found out that the white woman who has making racial slurs at the black kids is a U.S. Bank Loan Officer and her name is all over Facebook now.

Pretty interesting that a loan officer is caught on video with obvious racial overtones IF this information is true.

Dang, the Internet police have found out that the white woman who has making racial slurs at the black kids is a U.S. Bank Loan Officer and her name is all over Facebook now.

Pretty interesting that a loan officer is caught on video with obvious racial overtones IF this information is true.

I haven't seen the video of her making racial slurs...where's that?

It seemed chaotic to me. Lots of people. Spread out. It just felt like they needed more. Maybe there were and I didn't see them but it sure felt like they needed more troops.

I read that there were 9 officers there.

Remember, this video doesn't show everything.

There you go again Clyde militarizing police officers.....

Like the Police Chief said, they need to do a complete investigation.

I will say this from reading some of the comments, it is obvious most of you are outsiders looking in and have absolutely zero idea what it is like for an officer in a situation like that.

He did look very aggressive to me but at the same time when you are outnumbered like that and it is chaotic like that you have to match their numbers with your aggression.

The pulling the gun isn't an issue at all to me and I will go even further and say tactically it was a solid response. When you are focused on one violator and others quickly approach you like that given those circumstances you have to resort to maximum defense of yourself. Thankfully the two young men retreated.

And as to that girl that everyone wants to defend, it is tough to tell because the video is broken up but it appears she was right in the middle of the problem crowd for an extended period of time ignoring several lawful orders to leave/disperse. She definitely should have been taken into custody IF the officer(s) feel anyone needed to be taken into custody for disregarding the lawful order to disperse. I will also add I have had to fight women like that and it appeared the officer was trying to control her without being too rough. Had it been a man he would have been slammed so hard to the ground he would have seen stars but you just can't do that to a woman so you are left with gently trying to restrain them and when they don't cooperate (and she looked tough to hold onto) that is what you get.

I am not completely defending the police officer, what I am saying is from a lot of similar experiences many of you have no clue what you are talking about.

Like the Police Chief said, they need to do a complete investigation.

I will say this from reading some of the comments, it is obvious most of you are outsiders looking in and have absolutely zero idea what it is like for an officer in a situation like that.

He did look very aggressive to me but at the same time when you are outnumbered like that and it is chaotic like that you have to match their numbers with your aggression.

The pulling the gun isn't an issue at all to me and I will go even further and say tactically it was a solid response. When you are focused on one violator and others quickly approach you like that given those circumstances you have to resort to maximum defense of yourself. Thankfully the two young men retreated.

And as to that girl that everyone wants to defend, it is tough to tell because the video is broken up but it appears she was right in the middle of the problem crowd for an extended period of time ignoring several lawful orders to leave/disperse. She definitely should have been taken into custody IF the officer(s) feel anyone needed to be taken into custody for disregarding the lawful order to disperse. I will also add I have had to fight women like that and it appeared the officer was trying to control her without being too rough. Had it been a man he would have been slammed so hard to the ground he would have seen stars but you just can't do that to a woman so you are left with gently trying to restrain them and when they don't cooperate (and she looked tough to hold onto) that is what you get.

I am not completely defending the police officer, what I am saying is from a lot of similar experiences many of you have no clue what you are talking about.

It looked like she was leaving when the officer grabbed her. Was she leaving and running her mouth? Looks like that too? Is that cause for her to be slammed to the ground? Leaving and running her mouth?

So it's cool for one cop to run around like The Terminator while everyone else just watches? Good to know. I'm glad I go into slave mode when approached by the police. I should never have any issues like this. :thumb:

It looked like she was leaving when the officer grabbed her. Was she leaving and running her mouth? Looks like that too? Is that cause for her to be slammed to the ground? Leaving and running her mouth?

So it's cool for one cop to run around like The Terminator while everyone else just watches? Good to know. I'm glad I go into slave mode when approached by the police. I should never have any issues like this. :thumb:

Like I have said, don't commit any crimes and cooperate with the police and NONE of this stuff will ever happen.