The latest cops vs. the community video (McKinney, Texas)

I'd love to go on a ride along! Not much happens in little old Alexandria though. We did have a meth lab bust just a few miles down the road from the Compound recently. I'd have to pass on that excitement though.

I bet more goes on than you think. Just because it's not in the paper or on TV doesn't mean there isn't a ton of stuff happening. There have been shootings (no one was hit fortunately) between unknown parties in our county no one knows happened because it wasn't reported in the newspaper. Go on a ride along a couple of nights and I'd bet there is more going on than you think.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the Police Chief said, they need to do a complete investigation.

I will say this from reading some of the comments, it is obvious most of you are outsiders looking in and have absolutely zero idea what it is like for an officer in a situation like that.

He did look very aggressive to me but at the same time when you are outnumbered like that and it is chaotic like that you have to match their numbers with your aggression.

The pulling the gun isn't an issue at all to me and I will go even further and say tactically it was a solid response. When you are focused on one violator and others quickly approach you like that given those circumstances you have to resort to maximum defense of yourself. Thankfully the two young men retreated.

And as to that girl that everyone wants to defend, it is tough to tell because the video is broken up but it appears she was right in the middle of the problem crowd for an extended period of time ignoring several lawful orders to leave/disperse. She definitely should have been taken into custody IF the officer(s) feel anyone needed to be taken into custody for disregarding the lawful order to disperse. I will also add I have had to fight women like that and it appeared the officer was trying to control her without being too rough. Had it been a man he would have been slammed so hard to the ground he would have seen stars but you just can't do that to a woman so you are left with gently trying to restrain them and when they don't cooperate (and she looked tough to hold onto) that is what you get.

I am not completely defending the police officer, what I am saying is from a lot of similar experiences many of you have no clue what you are talking about.

Cop was fired and his Chief made a statement that he was out of control. looks like you were wrong on this one.

For those that don't realize it, in nearly every city in America the position of Police Chief serves at the pleasure of the Mayor. Police Chief's can in almost all cases be fired without cause at the whim of the Mayor. Police Chiefs are becoming more and more politically savvy as a way to hold onto their jobs.

^That's a black guy (who was a teenager), and I'm not seeing this "shooting stance" you're talking about.

I'm not talking about anything...Wayne Dupree put this out with the commentary on FaceBook.

You do see the man reaching behind him where the police officer can't see what he's reaching for, right?