Bank of KY > BB&T Merger

plantmanky

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok question to both of you, about Direct Deposits. The way the paper read, was that we didnt have to have it resetup, that they would send a hit back to the entity sending the Direct Deposit that they needed to change the info to xxxx.

I think I heard the bank employee say something along those lines.

If I had to bank with 5th/3rd, I would choose to start putting cash in a can in the backyard instead.

I have to deal with 5th 3rd Daily with work we have close to 400+ bank accounts with them, some with PNC, and some with some other odd regional banks. My direct contact I deal with is great 95 % of the time. The 5 % of the time she has to go to someone else, trainwreck.

BB&T is a pretty big bank especially in the south. We bank with them and their online services are great. I don't pay for checks I just reorder them online and get the basic free ones. Their lending department is a little tighter than some.

Ok question to both of you, about Direct Deposits. The way the paper read, was that we didnt have to have it resetup, that they would send a hit back to the entity sending the Direct Deposit that they needed to change the info to xxxx.

That only works if the Originator "works" their NOCs (Notice of Changes) and actually makes the correction. What BB&T will do is send a NOC back to the Originator of the ACH transaction that the Routing number that was 123456789 should now be 121212121 and that account number 78787878 should be changed to account number 33334444. If the Originator (your employer if your Pay is Direct Deposited) makes the corrections all we be well. If they don't eventually your credit with the old information will not post. Of course you can always supply the information directly to your employer.

Same things go for any debits like insurance payments etc. You are better off to submit the new account information to those Originators once you have it.

I talked to a BofKY clerk too and she told me the same thing on the year for the checks. She also said we would get free checks the first time around. Also said we would have to reprogram all of our electronic banking. The way it was explained, it didn't sound bad but who knows what we are all not being told.
By reprogram do you mean re-enroll?

Sure, I was told all the names and addresses I pumped in will be "lost" and I will have to input all those again.

We could put a man on the moon almost 50 years ago but we can't have a software program marry the two data formats.

We have always been happy with PNC. One thing they do well is call with any suspicious activity on your account. I got a call once asking if I bought a few hundred dollars worth of shoes in New York (and I did not). They then stopped the payment, shut down that card and sent me another. Other times they called with things I did buy just to be sure. They keep a good eye out which I appreciate.

Originally we banked with Citizens National, which was bought by someone (can't remember), which was then bought by PNC. Neither of the changes was a big deal. We did get to use our old checks for quite awhile. They handled direct deposits, and pretty much everything seamlessly. If it was me, I would wait and see. It does bother me that you are charged a fee for talking to someone about your account.

I stood in line at BOK this week and listened to a bank employee explaining this to a very rude customer who wasn't happy with the merger. He was assuring her that she would have 1 year to use up the rest of her checks before she would be required to switch to BBT checks. She was loud so I got to hear all of her problems.

I talked to a BofKY clerk too and she told me the same thing on the year for the checks. She also said we would get free checks the first time around. Also said we would have to reprogram all of our electronic banking. The way it was explained, it didn't sound bad but who knows what we are all not being told.

Have two checking accounts with BoK. I've honestly used a check maybe 3 times in the past 10 years. It's just easier doing everything electronically.