Is Newport Central Catholic getting a 7 Footer from out of town?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea. I am waaaayyy out of the loop. If I had to guess, I would say that they take as many kids as they can. I can't imagine Catholic schools turning down potential tuition.

That's assuming he's going to actually pay cash money. I've heard they have a tuition assistance fund? I have no idea how it's decided who or how much money that fund can benefit.

Tuition assistants has been a program at NewCath forever. Its a great thing for families who do not have the means to pay for the private catholic education. It isnt for athletics it is open for anyone in need. There is also a work program as in cleaning and scrubbing the school to make money for tuition

My question is will he be eligible? I know Hopkinsville has a 6' 10" kid who had to sit out a full year before he was eligible because he was coming from out of country, hence why he didn't play this year.

Apologies up front if I seem to be stereotyping or just plain griping, but isn't this type of story the reason some of us feel that private high schools have a built-in edge over the publics?

CovCath Trinity Lex Cath and University Heights...5 private championships from 4 schools in, what, 45 years? Publics are doing ok.

Apologies up front if I seem to be stereotyping or just plain griping, but isn't this type of story the reason some of us feel that private high schools have a built-in edge over the publics?

I don't understand your reasoning? This (or any player for that matter) can choose to attend any school they like in KY.

Diocese of Covington schools are supposed to be open to anyone.

The Mission

The Mission is timeless. The Mission is also as new as the risen sun. “Go, teach all nations.” The faith and values are constant while the methods are innovative and directed toward the future.

Come, join the Mission of Catholic education in the Diocese of Covington. Walk an exciting journey that leads each student to the wonders and mysteries of our world. Join us as we Touch the Future…Eternally.

Inclusive education in the Diocese of Covington is an ever-evolving and adapting approach to include as many students as possible in our Catholic schools. All children benefit from inclusive education by allowing individual gifts and talents to develop with high expectations. Schools can set learning targets unique to the students’ needs and collaborate to meet those needs through best teaching practices and appropriate and available accommodations. As best teaching practices and supportive research advances, so do our Catholic schools.