Keeping Secrets from Your Significant Other

75center

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honesty must be paramount. I will qualify that by saying on the really important things like major purchases, trouble at work, where I really am going, etc. I will not lie on the fat question, I just say you are perfect in my eyes and that is all that matters, I don't think you are fat. Now that doesn't satisfy her, because we all know there is no answer that does. I always wanted to say " My God, honey, you are 54 years old. You have to expect a little poundage." Don't think I could duck fast enough, though.

I think it is healthy to discuss past relationships if it is important to the purose. No use getting into the details, though. She asked, I didn't. It just doesn't matter to me.

If you are not attracted to any of these women, how hot they are is irrelevant.

If you can't tell your S.O. about your friends, your relationship is doomed.

We've done well for 4 years, I think. Our cat seems to be developing just fine.

And I never said I wasn't attracted to them, just that there was nothing to it. I firmly believe love is like war, you should always have an exit strategy. You never use it unless you have to.

And I never said I wasn't attracted to them, just that there was nothing to it. I firmly believe love is like war, you should always have an exit strategy. You never use it unless you have to.

Yeah. You guys are doing great... :lol2:

Yeah that's probably not the best philosophy to have.

I think this depends on the commander at the time of the war....pretty sure that "exit strategy" is the new world term for "not committed to the death"

....as it relates to war of course

Past hook-up stuff is about the most off limit thing in most relationships. I've never broached the subject nor has she. If that is being dishonest, I do not want to know what honesty is :D I would be forthcoming if asked, but I am not going to willingly volunteer information. Especially when talking about someone she considers a friend. Really, what good could come of that? There were a couple of "friends", but it was before I even knew her, so there should be no hard feelings. But people (especially females) do not operate that way. It would lead to psychoness and everyone here knows it. Psycho is not good.

Doomed, I say.