Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Keeping Secrets from Your Significant Other

Featured Replies

The thread on couple finances and the discussion about separate bank accounts got me thinking about keeping secrets from your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend. One of the strangest ones I've been associated with happened several years ago. One of our managers quit the organization to try to get into the movie industry. Paid him his accrued pay and wished him well. About 3 months later I get a call from the guy's wife asking why they haven't been receiving his paycheck. I explained that he was no longer an employee and had not been one for months. She proceeded to argue with me that he certainly was an employee and we were going to be sued for back wages. I politely suggested she talk to her husband and hung up. About a half hour later I got a call from the guy apologizing. Seems he had neglected to tell his wife about his change of career. She thought he was working on a special out of town project and with separate accounts it took her that long to notice the lack of income flowing. Never heard from either one after that day.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back at the CPA firm when I worked there, had a wife find out her husband was having a fling with another girl when she brought in the stuff for their taxes. She had a shoebox of stuff and asked if she could use one of our conference rooms to get in organized for us. About an hour later she had that "a woman scorned" look to her and said, "no rush to do this, something more important has come up."

 

We sorta figured it out when doing the return, confirmed it when they came in separately to sign it. lol.

I'm a big believer that the only way a relationship can really work is complete honesty.

I guess that's why I'm single. Wait a minute now...

The only secret I keep from Mr. Cat is where I hide the Girl Scout cookies when they come home. :jump:

Honesty is the best policy, but not brutal honesty. I see so many young couples that talk to each other like "Sit Com Dialogue", you just can be that crappy to the person you love. Mad About You was the big sit com when we got married and we would watch it and just shake our heads at some of the stuff they said to each other, no body needs that much honesty :)

I'm a big believer that the only way a relationship can really work is complete honesty.

 

That works great until the first time she asks, "Does this make me look fat?"

That works great until the first time she asks, "Does this make me look fat?"

 

I am learning to ask my 18 yo daughter that question instead of Mr. Cat. She is brutally honest and sometimes that is exactly what is needed.

  • Author
The only secret I keep from Mr. Cat is where I hide the Girl Scout cookies when they come home. :jump:

 

My wife made the mistake of telling me last week. I had pulled my Gene Wilder Young Frankenstein speech telling her not to let me know where they were no matter how much I yelled or pleaded. She failed miserably and now I have to go out and find more girl scout cookies.

That works great until the first time she asks, "Does this make me look fat?"

 

white lie

 

n.noun

 

An often trivial, diplomatic or well-intentioned untruth.

I read an interview with a husband and wife celebrity couple.

 

Wife: Dude, why didn't you tell me I was getting fat?

Husband: My jobs not to tell you your fat but to tell you your beautiful.

#Winning

My husband does not know about Razor Ramon. :o

That works great until the first time she asks, "Does this make me look fat?"

 

You can always honeslty answer no. Just don't tell her she looks fat without the outfit.

Back at the CPA firm when I worked there, had a wife find out her husband was having a fling with another girl when she brought in the stuff for their taxes. She had a shoebox of stuff and asked if she could use one of our conference rooms to get in organized for us. About an hour later she had that "a woman scorned" look to her and said, "no rush to do this, something more important has come up."

 

We sorta figured it out when doing the return, confirmed it when they came in separately to sign it. lol.

Could just be me, but I don't follow this story at all.
Could just be me, but I don't follow this story at all.

 

Me either....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.