Keeping Secrets from Your Significant Other

75center

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could just be me, but I don't follow this story at all.

They had their own business and were very good about keeping receipts for stuff. Well he had put a bunch of receipts for local Hotel rooms and other stuff in with the business receipts. She found them when she was sorting through them in our office.

They had their own business and were very good about keeping receipts for stuff. Well he had put a bunch of receipts for local Hotel rooms and other stuff in with the business receipts. She found them when she was sorting through them in our office.

Ahhhhh, ok. Vital information that was left out of the initial story, lol.

Ahhhhh, ok. Vital information that was left out of the initial story, lol.

Sorry, we have about 30 people over in our part of the building right now that normally are not over here.......the chattyness and cackling is a super high levels, I failed to complete my thought.

Sounds like he got greedy planning to deduct his fun and games. Ops.

Honesty is the best policy, but not brutal honesty. I see so many young couples that talk to each other like "Sit Com Dialogue", you just can be that crappy to the person you love. Mad About You was the big sit com when we got married and we would watch it and just shake our heads at some of the stuff they said to each other, no body needs that much honesty :)

I heard a quote somewhere once that said something to the effect of, "The key to a long happy marriage is to leave one or two things unsaid everyday."

I think I agree.

How about keeping something from your spouse that happened BEFORE you were a couple/married? Or being somewhat dishonest about it?

For instance. Sally Sue was the high school door knob...EVERYBODY had a turn. Sally Sue grew and matured, turned from her loose high school ways and meets Dapper Dave at 30 yo. They date and it gets serious. Dapper Dave didn't know her before and doesn't know her past. The inevitable question comes up during the dating process..."so, how many partners have you had". What does Sally Sue say? Does she spill the beans and be completely honest? Does she lie and tell a number that's way below the real answer? Does she say that's for me to know and you to not know?

How about keeping something from your spouse that happened BEFORE you were a couple/married? Or being somewhat dishonest about it?

For instance. Sally Sue was the high school door knob...EVERYBODY had a turn. Sally Sue grew and matured, turned from her loose high school ways and meets Dapper Dave at 30 yo. They date and it gets serious. Dapper Dave didn't know her before and doesn't know her past. The inevitable question comes up during the dating process..."so, how many partners have you had". What does Sally Sue say? Does she spill the beans and be completely honest? Does she lie and tell a number that's way below the real answer? Does she say that's for me to know and you to not know?

No date/boyfriend has ever asked me how many "partners" I've had and I've never asked anyone else for that matter.

I've always heard the rule of 7. Whatever the female says add 7, whatever the male says subtract 7. :idunno:

Do people really care/ask about that stuff? Never even crossed my mind.

No date/boyfriend has ever asked me how many "partners" I've had and I've never asked anyone else for that matter.

I don't think that conversation has ever NOT come up with anyone I have had more than a few dates with. And I believe it comes up much more than not. And I got an answer one time that would knock your socks off.

Edited by BigVMan23

GS.jpg

My wife made the mistake of telling me last week. I had pulled my Gene Wilder Young Frankenstein speech telling her not to let me know where they were no matter how much I yelled or pleaded. She failed miserably and now I have to go out and find more girl scout cookies.

I keep my Girl Scout cookies in a file cabinet at work....Mrs. BB has no idea, so I guess that's not good that I'm keeping it from her...what she doesn't know won't hurt her

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49241[/ATTACH]

I keep my Girl Scout cookies in a file cabinet at work....Mrs. BB has no idea, so I guess that's not good that I'm keeping it from her...what she doesn't know won't hurt her

And she will never find out either.:thumb: