Perception Of The Patriots & Suggested Punishment?

To me, they are easily the dirtiest team in the NFL. Caught with deflated balls to gain an advantage. Caught filming the other team's signals to gain an advantage. Alleged to have taped an opponent's walk-thru before the Super Bowl and the stink of that story, which I don't think they're entirely innocent in, still being attached to them.

The question now is how you feel the Patriots should be punished (if they are punished at all)?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't just be a fine has to be a significant punishment. It's organzational approval of cheating.

Obviously the Pats beat the Colts regardless. But rumor was the Ravens tipped the Colts off. Did they do it during the Ravens game and if so did it affect that outcome.

Repeat offenders. Something has to go down.

Let's see where this leads to with the investigation. If the organization knew and did nothing about it, then I believe you treat Belichek just like the league treated Sean Payton. 1 year suspension and hefty fine. Bottom line, as it was with Payton, whether Hoodie knew or not he should have. What needs to be determined is did the officials check the footballs before the game as required. I would think so, but you gotta investigate everything.

BTW it had no bearing on THIS game.

Let's see where this leads to with the investigation. If the organization knew and did nothing about it, then I believe you treat Belichek just like the league treated Sean Payton. 1 year suspension and hefty fine. Bottom line, as it was with Payton, whether Hoodie knew or not he should have. What needs to be determined is did the officials check the footballs before the game as required. I would think so, but you gotta investigate everything.

BTW it had no bearing on THIS game.

I agree with your point about the game; can't imagine many arguing that.

Did they weigh any of the Colts balls? Just curious.

While it does definitely prove that something awry was going on, it does not prove that the coach and the organization was involved in it. However, it'll be interesting to see how far this goes and how much evidence they can find to implicate any individuals.

For the record, I think you have to take away multiple 1st round picks from the Patriots for being repeat offenders. For me I'd take away all 1st round picks for the next 3 years and fine Belichick anywhere from $500k to $1 million. I'd probably take away other draft picks during those years as well.

I read on twitter from a current NFL kicker that refs can only use a gauge to test the footballs inside before the game.

He tried to get a ref to test a ball before a kick and the ref told him he couldn't do to league policy.

So that means they were tested and deflated on the field .

There is no way if this all turns about to true Belichek didn't know nor Brady.

I read on twitter from a current NFL kicker that refs can only use a gauge to test the footballs inside before the game.

He tried to get a ref to test a ball before a kick and the ref told him he couldn't do to league policy.

So that means they were tested and deflated on the field .

There is no way if this all turns about to true Belichek didn't know nor Brady.

If the balls checked out before the game started, it means they had to be deflated by someone during the game. With as many cameras as there is on the field, surely there has to be one or two that might have caught wind of the people responsible for going through it?

If there isn't, there are too many people on that sideline to not notice that someone is attempting to deflate the balls. Someone has to know something....