Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Perception Of The Patriots & Suggested Punishment?

Featured Replies

I have scrolled through these 3 pages, so it's probably been mentioned, but I would ban them from postseason play next year. They didn't learn their lesson with a fine and draft picks after spy gate. That would be the only thing to get their attention, but I highly doubt the NFL would have the guts to do that.

 

Maybe someone could add a poll, ban, suspension, fine, draft picks or something.

  • Replies 170
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Cowherd's show he just said as of 5 minutes prior to kickoff all balls met the required pressure. Also, all deflated balls were brought back up to standards at halftime.

On Cowherd's show he just said as of 5 minutes prior to kickoff all balls met the required pressure. Also, all deflated balls were brought back up to standards at halftime.

 

 

This whole thing is just odd, I'm looking forward to official explanation/decision from NFL, we seem to be getting all kinds of different stories.

This whole thing is just odd, I would say I'm looking forward to official explanation/decision from NFL, we seem to be getting all kinds of different stories.

 

Yeah, it'll be interesting.

 

The whole thing just seems a little off IMO. :idunno:

I don't like the Patriots but I am rooting for them in the Super Bowl. For me personally none of this changes my perception of them but because of this I understand why people feel the way they do about the Patriots and if their legacy is tarnished as a result. Not for me it isn't but I get it.

 

I do wish that ESPN would keep Teddy Bruschi on set all day long. He has been the face of the organization and he has carried that Patriot flag in the media since he joined the media. I am super intrigued by what he has to say right now. 11 balls is a lot and it's hard to deny that something suspicious took place.

 

I'm intrigued to see what Goodell will do.

Did they weigh any of the Colts balls? Just curious.

 

While it does definitely prove that something awry was going on, it does not prove that the coach and the organization was involved in it. However, it'll be interesting to see how far this goes and how much evidence they can find to implicate any individuals.

They checked them all before the game and then again at half time...Colts were right...11 of 12 Pats balls were illegal

They checked them all before the game and then again at half time...Colts were right...11 of 12 Pats balls were illegal

 

And re-inflated before the second half....

I think I agree with Cowherd on the punishment if it's found that the Patriots intentionally deflated the balls. Suspend Bill for the SB and the 1st 8 games next season, and a fine. No sense in taking draft picks, it has no impact as they're always picking at the end of the rounds anyways.

And re-inflated before the second half....

 

No one has disputed that...

 

It would be interesting if any were found to be under inflated after the game also.

I think I agree with Cowherd on the punishment if it's found that the Patriots intentionally deflated the balls. Suspend Bill for the SB and the 1st 8 games next season, and a fine. No sense in taking draft picks, it has no impact as they're always picking at the end of the rounds anyways.

I agree as well, although I disagree that taking draft picks may not hurt them. They stockpile picks so that they can have the flexibility to move and make deals (eg. 4th round draft pick for Randy Moss).

I agree as well, although I disagree that taking draft picks may not hurt them. They stockpile picks so that they can have the flexibility to move and make deals (eg. 4th round draft pick for Randy Moss).

 

The point, and I agree with it, is taking draft picks isn't going to change the fact that they have Brady, Gronk, and Edelman on the offensive side. It isn't going to change the personnel on the defense. They're still going to have the most talented roster in the AFC. So they lose a pick or two for one year? Big whoop.

Easy solution for the Patriots if they want to continue to keep doing this. Keep the deflated balls in an elevator. Goodell will never look at what goes on in there.

I'd say take away picks, but considering a 7th round draft pick has become arguably the best of all time (another SB win seals that), and they win with a bunch of dudes that come from Montana Central State Tech A&T, I don't know that it would matter.

 

Personally, they are starting to see that this is common practice across the board as more and more people come out about it, but I'd say a heftier suspension on Billy B.....

 

I'm not overly torn up about it.

The point, and I agree with it, is taking draft picks isn't going to change the fact that they have Brady, Gronk, and Edelman on the offensive side. It isn't going to change the personnel on the defense. They're still going to have the most talented roster in the AFC. So they lose a pick or two for one year? Big whoop.

 

Exactly. That's why limiting their cap number would have a far greater impact. A bottom-out year or two would get Kraft's attention and force him to be heavy-handed with Belichick.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.