Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Perception Of The Patriots & Suggested Punishment?

Featured Replies

Think about it if they fine New England and take draft picks do they care? Here's why Kraft will pay fine no matter what it is. Also the draft picks don't mean that much to them think about over the past 10+ years of the players they have pulled from the scrap heap and had them produce big and also how they acquire free agents. So I don't think a fine or draft picks bothers them any at all.

  • Replies 170
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This also makes you wonder how many times has this been done by the Patriots in the past but just wasn't caught.

 

This incident wouldn't have been caught either if not for the people on the Colts sidelines looking at the football that was intercepted.

Correct. However, I'd have no issue with a player using them today.

 

I wish 25 guys would, that's it.

 

One thing that will definitely work in the Patriots favor in all this is that everyone knows it had zero impact on the game.

I agree with this. However, curious minds have to ask how often this has occurred at Foxboro, where weather is notoriously bad. Could it have been the difference in the win against the Ravens? Maybe it helped them secure an extra round or two of the playoffs at New England this season or in year's past? Obviously you can't go back and punish for speculative things, but that is why this is a bigger deal than some have made of it.

You really want to handicap a team as punishment for cheating? One-year suspension for Belichick plus a drastic reduction in the Pats' salary cap. The cap for 2015 is expected to be around $140 million. Make them operate within a cap of $115 or $120 million for a year or two. Bet that gets Belichick's attention.

You really want to handicap a team as punishment for cheating? One-year suspension for Belichick plus a drastic reduction in the Pats' salary cap. The cap for 2015 is expected to be around $140 million. Make them operate within a cap of $115 or $120 million for a year or two. Bet that gets Belichick's attention.

 

Probably would, and that's why I said, right now the risks don't outweigh the potential "rewards" for it. A fine and a loss of draft picks? Who cares? :idunno:

You really want to handicap a team as punishment for cheating? One-year suspension for Belichick plus a drastic reduction in the Pats' salary cap. The cap for 2015 is expected to be around $140 million. Make them operate within a cap of $115 or $120 million for a year or two. Bet that gets Belichick's attention.

 

That is good but like I said above they don't care about a fine and a couple of draft picks.

If they did it for this game, you have to assume they have done it before in other games. I doubt they just came up with this idea to gain an advantage against a Colts team they have pounded the last few years. So you have to assume this is common practice for them in games with bad conditions. Its very hard to believe that this is the first time then.

 

As others have stated I think you have to suspend Billicheck for a year like they did Sean Peyton. Then also have a fine and lose a few early draft picks.

 

With that said if the Pats win the Super Bowl then I am sure the Pats would take that trade.

The Patriots stockpile draft picks for these type of situations :D

 

While this puts a cloud over the Superbowl lead-up, it would be the last thing I would want if I were a Seahawk's fan. With Spy Gate the Patriots took it out on their opponents so this just adds to their motivation.

One question I have is how did the officials not notice anything during the game? I mean, 2 lbs under? You'd think that'd be pretty noticeable.

One question I have is how did the officials not notice anything during the game? I mean, 2 lbs under? You'd think that'd be pretty noticeable.

 

Unless you were squeezing it I could see where it would be unnoticeable.

If you want to send a statement that cheating won't be tolerated...send the Colts to the Super Bowl. Nothing else (fine, suspension, draft choices) is going to be a deterrent for anyone in the future. As has already been stated, the rewards (for cheating) are so far ahead of any risks that it's not even funny.

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying...

 

I'm guessing this helped Blount rush for 150 and 3 TD's too.

Former NFL official Jerry (something) was just on Mike & Mike and said that the balls were inspected at halftime, the Patriots balls were found to be deflated, and were pumped back up to meet required standards.

One question I have is how did the officials not notice anything during the game? I mean, 2 lbs under? You'd think that'd be pretty noticeable.

 

They are interviewing Jerry Seamen now who was the head of officials years back and said they are handling the balls only by setting them on the ground after each play and pay no attention to that.

 

He also said that he has learned that all 12 footballs supplied by the Patriots were deflated but only 11 of them were more than 2 pounds under the proper level, the 12th was deflated but less than 2 pounds.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.