Perception Of The Patriots & Suggested Punishment?

How are coaches teaxting to communicate during a game cheating? Also note that if that did give the Browns a "competitive advantage," how far did it get them? Now how far did (potentially) the Patriots competitive advantage get them?

Is the issue the coaches texting or is it more they have the ability to get texts from someone else. Maybe like someone in the stands with bino's trying to pick up things from the other side line. No different then spygate in my mind.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the issue the coaches texting or is it more they have the ability to get texts from someone else. Maybe like someone in the stands with bino's trying to pick up things from the other side line. No different then spygate in my mind.

Yep, it's something to do with electronic devices during the game.

OH, there's not a doubt in my mind they were deflated intentionally and Brady knew all about it.

The only thing that will change my mind is for them to prove the balls had a defect.

I need to amend my above statement to include "if the refs didn't do their jobs".

How are coaches teaxting to communicate during a game cheating? Also note that if that did give the Browns a "competitive advantage," how far did it get them? Now how far did (potentially) the Patriots competitive advantage get them?

NFL rules explicitly prohibit texting, but there are a few exceptions. One exception is that the team physicians, when taking a player back into the locker room for injuries/treatment, are allowed to communicate the prognosis to coaches back on the field. Wish I had the time to find the link (it's in one to the ESPN stories on the Browns and their punishment), but it was a few weeks ago and I have a lot of work to catch up on today, so I'll try to link it later this week if no one hasn't posted it by later on in the week.