Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Perception Of The Patriots & Suggested Punishment?

Featured Replies

 

I'd say that scientifically there are many different ways to explain why some balls lost pressure and others didn't.

Not doubting that, I just doubt it could happen that rapidly unless you were doctoring the actual air product going in to the footballs. Again, it was wet out, but it was a relatively warmer day in Foxboro.

  • Replies 170
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Bill came off well. Brady looked uncomfortable answering questions, making odd gestures and keeping his hands in his pockets. I am not saying Brady orchestrated something going in to this game, but I get the sense it is a general understanding he has with whomever to put the footballs at a PSI below standards.

 

Brady knows more than what he is saying but he's not going to come out and incriminate himself. Especially if the NFL hasn't made any attempts to talk to him. I do still feel like this whole thing is being blown out of proportion but like I also said, I get why it is being blown out of proportion.

People do see why this is a big deal, correct? Those that keep talking about how it would not have mattered because the game on Sunday was a blowout are not seeing the bigger picture.

 

While not the barometer of all things news, but all week it has been on the Today Show, with this morning being the lead story.

Not doubting that, I just doubt it could happen that rapidly unless you were doctoring the actual air product going in to the footballs. Again, it was wet out, but it was a relatively warmer day in Foxboro.

 

A warmer day in Foxboro sure, but there was still at 20+ degree drop in temperature and the elements to factor in from when they were initially weighed.

People do see why this is a big deal, correct? Those that keep talking about how it would not have mattered because the game on Sunday was a blowout are not seeing the bigger picture.

 

While not the barometer of all things news, but all week it has been on the Today Show, with this morning being the lead story.

 

Not really, no. If this were the Browns, it would've never seen the light of day.

Brady knows more than what he is saying but he's not going to come out and incriminate himself. Especially if the NFL hasn't made any attempts to talk to him. I do still feel like this whole thing is being blown out of proportion but like I also said, I get why it is being blown out of proportion.

I am not sure what they can do? If they investigate and everyone denies, they are in the clear minus the forfeiture of some money or draft picks. They are staying closed lipped to avoid the clamorous, which would be having Brady suspended for the Superbowl.

A warmer day in Foxboro sure, but there was still at 20+ degree drop in temperature and the elements to factor in from when they were initially weighed.

 

That rapidly though? Neither of us probably know the science behind it, but that seems far-fetched to think they would naturally deflate that much, that quickly. I may be wrong.

I am not sure what they can do? If they investigate and everyone denies, they are in the clear minus the forfeiture of some money or draft picks. They are staying closed lipped to avoid the clamorous, which would be having Brady suspended for the Superbowl.

 

Brady could've came out and said, "yep, I did, and I've always done it" and laughed the entire time. Still would've been zero chance he'd be suspended for the SB.

That rapidly though? Neither of us probably know the science behind it, but that seems far-fetched to think they would naturally deflate that much, that quickly. I may be wrong.

 

I don't know, I just know that people much smarter than I have said being exposed to those conditions will cause a ball to lose air pressure. No idea how much that quickly.

Not really, no. If this were the Browns, it would've never seen the light of day.

 

There is a lot of money at stake. If somehow they proved this has been going on for years, think how many outcomes of games could have been compromised.

I don't know, I just know that people much smarter than I have said being exposed to those conditions will cause a ball to lose air pressure. No idea how much that quickly.

 

I am not doubting it could happen that quickly, but I think it would have to be intentional. Not natural deflation is all I am saying. Again, I may be totally wrong. Maybe the entire batch of footballs were faulty?

I do think this happens more than we are aware, the Patriots were just caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

People do see why this is a big deal, correct? Those that keep talking about how it would not have mattered because the game on Sunday was a blowout are not seeing the bigger picture.

 

While not the barometer of all things news, but all week it has been on the Today Show, with this morning being the lead story.

 

I'm looking at the whole cheating/competitive advantage aspect of it. That happens on every play of every game and will happen in the Super Bowl. Guaranteed.

 

 

As I heard Mike Greenberg say earlier this week:

 

If an OLineman knowingly holds and doesn't get called for it. That's gaining a competitive advantage.

 

If a DB knowingly holds a WR and isn't called for it that is gaining a competitive advantage.

 

If a WR knowingly pushes off to catch a pass that is gaining a competitive advantage.

 

For me all these examples fall into play when assessing just how serious this is. Especially when taking into account that all the referees did is re-inflate the balls and continue on with the game.

 

I tend to agree with UKMF that if this was the Browns nobody would care and it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

I'm looking at the whole cheating/competitive advantage aspect of it. That happens on every play of every game and will happen in the Super Bowl. Guaranteed.

 

 

As I heard Mike Greenberg say earlier this week:

 

If an OLineman knowingly holds and doesn't get called for it. That's gaining a competitive advantage.

 

If a DB knowingly holds a WR and isn't called for it that is gaining a competitive advantage.

 

If a WR knowingly pushes off to catch a pass that is gaining a competitive advantage.

 

For me all these examples fall into play when assessing just how serious this is. Especially when taking into account that all the referees did is re-inflate the balls and continue on with the game.

 

I tend to agree with UKMF that if this was the Browns nobody would care and it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

 

Exactly.

 

The one thing I'm fairly certain Brady was/is being dishonest about is that he didn't notice. I'm certain he noticed. So what? In basketball, if a guy tips the ball out of bounds, and the refs incorrectly reward his team the ball, is he supposed to go to the officials and say, "That was off me guys, it's their ball"? Of course not.

 

Interestingly enough, the Browns are being investigated for coaches texting during games. That's cheating. Haven't heard a word about it....Wonder why?

I'm looking at the whole cheating/competitive advantage aspect of it. That happens on every play of every game and will happen in the Super Bowl. Guaranteed.

 

 

As I heard Mike Greenberg say earlier this week:

 

If an OLineman knowingly holds and doesn't get called for it. That's gaining a competitive advantage.

 

If a DB knowingly holds a WR and isn't called for it that is gaining a competitive advantage.

 

If a WR knowingly pushes off to catch a pass that is gaining a competitive advantage.

 

For me all these examples fall into play when assessing just how serious this is. Especially when taking into account that all the referees did is re-inflate the balls and continue on with the game.

 

I tend to agree with UKMF that if this was the Browns nobody would care and it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

 

Had the Browns barely covered a spread with the theory they only did so because footballs were deflated, costing millions of dollars to the betting public, you can bet this would be big news and something the NFL would take VERY seriously.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.