Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Perception Of The Patriots & Suggested Punishment?

Featured Replies

Had the Browns barely covered a spread with the theory they only did so because footballs were deflated, costing millions of dollars to the betting public, you can bet this would be big news and something the NFL would take VERY seriously.

 

The Patriots barely covered the spread?

  • Replies 170
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Patriots barely covered the spread?
:ohbrother:

 

No, I am highlighting why this is considered a big deal regardless of the team. People keep looking at Sunday's game, it is much bigger than that. A lot of the NFL's popularity is tied to gambling. People will find less (betting) interest if they feel the product is compromised. The fact the game was a blowout is a saving grace for the NFL. Had the game been close? Think of the questions then.

:ohbrother:

 

No, I am highlighting why this is considered a big deal regardless of the team. People keep looking at Sunday's game, it is much bigger than that. A lot of the NFL's popularity is tied to gambling. People will find less (betting) interest if they feel the product is compromised. The fact the game was a blowout is a saving grace for the NFL. Had the game been close? Think of the questions then.

 

But that's what I don't agree with. It's not a clear competitive advantage. If it were a competitive advantage wouldn't all QBs prefer the ball as deflated as possible? Aaron Rodgers likes his more than 13.5 PSI, as do other QBs. So if that's the case, how is it an advantage?

But that's what I don't agree with. It's not a clear competitive advantage. If it were a competitive advantage wouldn't all QBs prefer the ball as deflated as possible? Aaron Rodgers likes his more than 13.5 PSI, as do other QBs. So if that's the case, how is it an advantage?

 

That may be true, but it doesn't matter what Aaron Rodgers prefers. Not everyone's grip is the same. Less air in a ball = better grip, generally speaking. Perception = reality.

 

As an aside, how cool was it when there was less air in a basketball and you could palm it?

As an aside, how cool was it when there was less air in a basketball and you could palm it?

 

I could palm a fully inflated one, so not any different. :lol2: :D

I could palm a fully inflated one, so not any different. :lol2: :D

 

Brady couldn't. :D

But that's what I don't agree with. It's not a clear competitive advantage. If it were a competitive advantage wouldn't all QBs prefer the ball as deflated as possible? Aaron Rodgers likes his more than 13.5 PSI, as do other QBs. So if that's the case, how is it an advantage?

 

A deflated one is also easier to catch in cold weather games too. Plus I would assume its easier for the runningbacks to hold on to.

I love the fact teams push the limits in order to get every advantage possible. This is something the Bengals know nothing about, and that's winning playoff games, and championships! :popcorn:

I thought they used different balls after half time...

 

I believe so. When I typed that the story I read said they put more air in the existing balls.

The NFL will find that the balls lose pressure by exposure to ambient conditions and through use. This will all boil over and all the Patriot haters will be red faced.

 

When CNN is running "breaking news" segments about this story... I'm not so sure it's going away anytime soon.

If that is what happened, IMO it is not cheating. You can't help that the nature took it's course. You did what you were supposed to and the elements naturally caused the pressure to lower.

 

I feel like there is absolutely ZERO chance a football, let alone 11 of 12, lost 15-20% of its air pressure in two hours of being out in temps just barely below 30 degrees. It wasn't THAT cold.

I feel like there is absolutely ZERO chance a football, let alone 11 of 12, lost 15-20% of its air pressure in two hours of being out in temps just barely below 30 degrees. It wasn't THAT cold.

OH, there's not a doubt in my mind they were deflated intentionally and Brady knew all about it.

 

The only thing that will change my mind is for them to prove the balls had a defect.

Exactly.

 

The one thing I'm fairly certain Brady was/is being dishonest about is that he didn't notice. I'm certain he noticed. So what? In basketball, if a guy tips the ball out of bounds, and the refs incorrectly reward his team the ball, is he supposed to go to the officials and say, "That was off me guys, it's their ball"? Of course not.

 

Interestingly enough, the Browns are being investigated for coaches texting during games. That's cheating. Haven't heard a word about it....Wonder why?

 

How are coaches teaxting to communicate during a game cheating? Also note that if that did give the Browns a "competitive advantage," how far did it get them? Now how far did (potentially) the Patriots competitive advantage get them?

Not really, no. If this were the Browns, it would've never seen the light of day.

 

That is very true and mainly because the Browns don't have a history of cheating.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.