January 22, 201511 yr If I'm hosting the Patriots in the future, I'm maxxing out the pressure in the balls the Patriots use. They've already said going forward, they'll be inflating all balls to the maximum required pressure.
January 22, 201511 yr After the press conference by Belichick, I found myself really believing him. But one thing puts doubt in my mind. He stated he did not know anything until Monday morning. The referees rectified the situation at halftime on reports that I heard from everyone. My question. Did the referees not ell Belichick there was a problem or did they tell him and he lied? I would believe the referees one they determined and reinflated the footballs would have told him. If not shouldn't they have? It was a rules violation.
January 22, 201511 yr After the press conference by Belichick, I found myself really believing him. But one thing puts doubt in my mind. He stated he did not know anything until Monday morning. The referees rectified the situation at halftime on reports that I heard from everyone. My question. Did the referees not ell Belichick there was a problem or did they tell him and he lied? I would believe the referees one they determined and reinflated the footballs would have told him. If not shouldn't they have? It was a rules violation. From what I've gathered, they just re-inflated them. Haven't heard anything about them telling anyone.
January 22, 201511 yr From what I've gathered, they just re-inflated them. Haven't heard anything about them telling anyone. If that is the case, then it is on the refs for not telling him IMO.
January 22, 201511 yr After the press conference by Belichick, I found myself really believing him. But one thing puts doubt in my mind. He stated he did not know anything until Monday morning. The referees rectified the situation at halftime on reports that I heard from everyone. My question. Did the referees not ell Belichick there was a problem or did they tell him and he lied? I would believe the referees one they determined and reinflated the footballs would have told him. If not shouldn't they have? It was a rules violation. Yeah, I have a hard time believing a micromanager like Belichick knew nothing about this during the game.
January 22, 201511 yr Yeah, I have a hard time believing a micromanager like Belichick knew nothing about this during the game. Lots of former players would disagree with you. Many former QBs have said that there's almost no chance he knew about it.
January 22, 201511 yr If anyone is guilty it is Brady more than Bill IMO. Why do I have this feeling some 20 year old college intern ball boy is going to take the fall?
January 22, 201511 yr Yeah, I have a hard time believing a micromanager like Belichick knew nothing about this during the game. Lots of former players would disagree with you. Many former QBs have said that there's almost no chance he knew about it. I think a better way of saying it is the Belichick may be aware of the practice of Brady or QBs in general wanting a deflated football and that being coordinated with an equipment manager, but I could see where he would not be involved in that type of discussion or decision making on a game-by-game basis.
January 22, 201511 yr Here's an interesting scenario I just saw tweeted. Patriots said they inflated the balls to the lowest legal level of pressure before they were checked. They sat out in the cold and wet for roughly 2 hours. Cold weather reduces ball pressure. Supposedly, the lower the pressure in the ball, the more drastic impact the temperature has on the ball pressure. Is that cheating? How did they fit all that in one tweet? lol jk
January 22, 201511 yr If I'm the Pats I go with the story that Brady told the ball boy to get them as low as he could and he just went a little too far.
January 22, 201511 yr If I'm the Pats I go with the story that Brady told the ball boy to get them as low as he could and he just went a little too far. Yep. That's the best angle to take. "I told him I wanted them as low as he could get them. Didn't think he'd go below the minimum."
January 22, 201511 yr Hypothetical....So Brady likes the football deflated, that's been confirmed. What if the Patriots inflate them to the lowest possible pressure, then intentionally sit them out in the elements so they naturally deflate? In your opinion, is that cheating, or is it just a clever way to gain an advantage? As to the Colts, maybe Luck is like Rodgers and prefers throwing a ball that is as inflated as possible. If so, it'd make sense for them to keep the balls in conditions or do everything in their power to keep them from deflating, right? Who knows at this point, but I don't think it's that far out of the realm of possibility. If that is what happened, IMO it is not cheating. You can't help that the nature took it's course. You did what you were supposed to and the elements naturally caused the pressure to lower.
January 22, 201511 yr If that is what happened, IMO it is not cheating. You can't help that the nature took it's course. You did what you were supposed to and the elements naturally caused the pressure to lower. I feel the same way. I don't actually think there's any way that's what happened, just throwing out scenarios.
January 22, 201511 yr I feel the same way. I don't actually think there's any way that's what happened, just throwing out scenarios. Which is true some of the scenario's you said could have had a small chance of being true. However I still say that there probably is a better chance that this just has been common practice for the Pats when the elements get bad. Its safe to say any time a team does get an interception or something against any teams, that players will be more aware of how the ball feels to try to catch teams.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.