Another NKY school is getting Turf

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look's like there getting a good jump on moving the dirt around for the complex !:ylsuper: You can start to see how the football feild will be laid out !:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

If I'm looking at the field from Dixie Highway, is the field going to be "slanted" left to right or right to left (ie towards Cawood's former site or towards the School board site)?

If I'm looking at the field from Dixie Highway, is the field going to be "slanted" left to right or right to left (ie towards Cawood's former site or towards the School board site)?

From the conner of the new gym , right to left towards the old Caywood I think . Thats the way it look's now .

Left to right (towards Caywood's former site). Not pushed down as far as Red Heat's description makes it sound as the softball field will be where the old Caywood school used to reside.

• 2 weeks later...

[/b]

No they havent voted yet. Look for a vote at the end of the month but from what some people who would know are saying that its pretty much a done deal and will get a vote of approval.

Lots of changes are gonna be made other than the turf down there too. They are gonna put stuff up and make it hard for people to watch the game from outside the stadium forcing people to actually go in an watch the game. They are putting in a new scoreboard also, and look for NCC's rent to go up considerably.

Are they going to place some type of mesh around the fence surrounding the field. I usually attend at least one NCC game a year, and I usually sit on the wall outside of the stadium so I'm guilty of not paying, but the past two games I've attended vs Bwood have been jam packed, no room inside.

I drove up to Dixie tonight. It was dark, but I coulld see a little. It looks like the field is compacted and pretty close to being ready for the surface. They are building the foundation for the visiting stands. Stakes are all over the place.:p Shouldn't be much longer before we see it start taking shape. I think I'll try and stop by during the daylight and take some pictures. So the rest of you can get a visual idea of whats going on and what it will be like.:D

I drove up to Dixie tonight. It was dark, but I coulld see a little. It looks like the field is compacted and pretty close to being ready for the surface. They are building the foundation for the visiting stands. Stakes are all over the place.:p Shouldn't be much longer before we see it start taking shape. I think I'll try and stop by during the daylight and take some pictures. So the rest of you can get a visual idea of whats going on and what it will be like.:D

Is this field going to be more than 122 yards long?:D;)

Keep in mind there is more than one sport in high school. Northern Kentucky is very very short of good track facilities (particularly 8 lane facilities). Conner, Ryle and Scott are about it for qualify facilities and all three don't have 8 lanes. So for them to put in a full track gives that part of the tri-county a badly needed facillity even if fans do have to sit another 6 feet from the football field.

THe big question is not track. But whether or not they will try to put a full size soccer inside the track. That makes a big difference as it widens the track in the end zones and makes the fans sit a bit further back (i.e. Dunbar and Tates Creek)

Actually--

Ryle: 8 lanes (since it opened)

Scott: 8 lanes (for longer than I can remember)

Conner 6 lanes (no room for more than 6)

Having a track is a great thing for a school. It only stinks if the designers put the lights inside of the track (see Campbell County, Bellevue)

Sounds good. Put the pics in a new thread since we've hijacked this one enough. :D

[/b]

Are they going to place some type of mesh around the fence surrounding the field. I usually attend at least one NCC game a year, and I usually sit on the wall outside of the stadium so I'm guilty of not paying, but the past two games I've attended vs Bwood have been jam packed, no room inside.

I forget how the A.D. said they were going to do it but they were going to put something up to restrict the view. Looks like you will have to go in the gates this year to watch the game. I guess they will have to open up the track for the big games where there is hardly any seating left since people cant watch from outside now.

I happened to be checking out a new (to me) website with weather info and found that they have a weather camera posted at Dixie. It just happens to be posted at the site where the field construction is underway. This camera will show a video for the last 30 days, one day, or one hour. Looking at today's video, you get some good shots of the concession stand being torn down. The site is http://www.weatherbug.com. Put in a NKY zip code (or use 41051 like I did), and it will brings up the Dixie camera. Click on the camera for more options.