Another NKY school is getting Turf

You are correct. It will be at a 45 degree angle with Dixie Highway. New stands, pressbox, and concessions will be built. Stands will be on both sides of the field. The concession building looks to contain locker rooms too as it will be two levels.

When is this project supposed to be done????

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is this project supposed to be done????

It's suppose to be done prior to the second home game, meaning the Highlands game will probably be played on a neutral field. I did hear something about a water line or something that may cause further delay. From what I've heard, the BOE is really dragging their feet on this.

It's suppose to be done prior to the second home game, meaning the Highlands game will probably be played on a neutral field. I did hear something about a water line or something that may cause further delay. From what I've heard, the BOE is really dragging their feet on this.

Normal beauracracy I'm sure. It will also have a track around the field. (Something I don't like :cry: ). It may be done before the Highlands game, or not. The official target is for the second home game which will be in week five, as Dixie has an opening home game, then two road games, and then a bye week. It is possible that it will be ready in week one, just not probable at this point.

Normal beauracracy I'm sure. It will also have a track around the field. (Something I don't like :cry: ). It may be done before the Highlands game, or not. The official target is for the second home game which will be in week five, as Dixie has an opening home game, then two road games, and then a bye week. It is possible that it will be ready in week one, just not probable at this point.

What don't you like about a track around the field?

The only track that causes problems IMO is Lloyd's, I like to walk around the track at SK moving with the action but it's impossible to do that at a Lloyd game if you're on the home side.

Depends on how you look at it. Beechwood's track causes problems if you are trying to run laps......

What don't you like about a track around the field?

Keep in mind there is more than one sport in high school. Northern Kentucky is very very short of good track facilities (particularly 8 lane facilities). Conner, Ryle and Scott are about it for qualify facilities and all three don't have 8 lanes. So for them to put in a full track gives that part of the tri-county a badly needed facillity even if fans do have to sit another 6 feet from the football field.

THe big question is not track. But whether or not they will try to put a full size soccer inside the track. That makes a big difference as it widens the track in the end zones and makes the fans sit a bit further back (i.e. Dunbar and Tates Creek)

An inside source has informed me that this is not a definite decision yet a few of the board members were absent from a meeting the other day to discuss this issue.
I was told the school board voted down to turf the field.Anyone heard different?

How wide is the track?

Dixie and HHS NEED some separation. You cannot have the fans/students so close.

Not sure. I didn't count the lanes when I saw the drawing.

HHS definitely needs some separation, but being land locked, it's not going to happen. Dixie is spaced fairly well, I think. You've got the wide walkway between the stands and sideline.

As a side note, when I drove by the school yesterday, they had a back-hoe on the field tearing down the stands.

Keep in mind there is more than one sport in high school. Northern Kentucky is very very short of good track facilities (particularly 8 lane facilities). Conner, Ryle and Scott are about it for qualify facilities and all three don't have 8 lanes. So for them to put in a full track gives that part of the tri-county a badly needed facillity even if fans do have to sit another 6 feet from the football field.

THe big question is not track. But whether or not they will try to put a full size soccer inside the track. That makes a big difference as it widens the track in the end zones and makes the fans sit a bit further back (i.e. Dunbar and Tates Creek)

Let me explain.

We are also getting a seperate grass field. This will also be a multipurpose field. There was talk of putting the track around it, instead of the football/soccer turf field. They opted to put the track around the new turf stadium, instead of the altermate field. I think watching a game of any kind is better without a track around the field. Just my opinion.

Not sure. I didn't count the lanes when I saw the drawing.

HHS definitely needs some separation, but being land locked, it's not going to happen. Dixie is spaced fairly well, I think. You've got the wide walkway between the stands and sideline.

As a side note, when I drove by the school yesterday, they had a back-hoe on the field tearing down the stands.

When you put it that way, it almost makes me sad.:cry:

But then again, when I think about the Mudbowl of 2004, I'm good with it.:p :thumb: