Another NKY school is getting Turf

Add Newport and well I guess NCC also to the list of NKY schools that will have turf. Newport school board voted for the turf and it will be put in for this season. They were taking measurements the other day for it.

Finally, Newport stadium will no longer be one of the worst playing surfaces in KY.:ylsuper:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add Newport and well I guess NCC also to the list of NKY schools that will have turf. Newport school board voted for the turf and it will be put in for this season. They were taking measurements the other day for it.

Finally, Newport stadium will no longer be one of the worst playing surfaces in KY.:ylsuper:

They must have taken that title from Dixie, bc until they decided to get turf theirs was far by the worst.

They must have taken that title from Dixie, bc until they decided to get turf theirs was far by the worst.

Totally agree it is almost a mudd pit everytime. The only problem with turf is how hot it gets during the summer. For one of the morning jv games it was cancelled because it was so hot on the field.

I thought that Newport Stadium was in the 100 year flood plain. I don't think that field turf could withstand a flood. I guess the City of Newport has looked in to this.

Too bad the city doesn't own the field. Newport Independent Schools looked into it.

Congrats to Newport. I think they'll find its money well spent over the long run. It will make that field so much more usable not only for the two high school football teams using it, but all the other teams too. Glad they could make this happen.

IMO Holmes has the best grass surface in NKY! Very Fast field.

True...Coach trosper does a nice job keeping the field in good condition... tarp stays on it all winter then when it wams up it comes off to let it air out and my the first game it looks like turf. But i think with all the speed they have every year, turf would definetly make their speed an even bigger advantage, its a much faster surface and weather isnt that much of a factor