16th Region All-Tournament

And folks out our way wonder why the rest of the state see us as sub-par region. The players being mentioned are good., but this is getting out of hand. The kids performed well mainly due to the fact that our region was down this year. In any regard, stop bashing one kid to make the other look better, it just feeds the rest of the state evidence that they are right. In strong regions, frosh just do not play, no matter how good they are. Ferguson got his chance to play on a team that offered the opportunity and did well. But don't bring down good players like McDavid and Van Hoose to promote another in our region. Just give them all due credit. Enough said.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And whoever Boyd County gets from the Ramey home.

My post was to the Boyd Co. school about having Ramey school players in their program . Is it fair to get a child in this home just because he or she is a good ball player , I don't know anything about this just what I have heard. Just got off the subject a little . As for Rose Hill I (my Opinion) is that they do not act like good people ? should Didn't mean to get off subject:cool:

Jonathan Ferguson is more than numbers produced in a season. He has the ability to CREATE off the dribble, pull up and drill a 3 in transition and grab offensive rebound after offensive rebound because he has big time leaps.

He can do many things and will play at the next level collegiately if he desires and continues to play. He has the intangibles that separate himself from other ordinary players.

He will not be underrated or overrated in my opinion. Comparing him to McDavid and Vanhoose I'm not going to do, but I like Ferguson's game and he is a top player in this region next year, on some nights perhaps the best, and on some nights not so great...because this is a game that can be humbling at times...

No, Jonathan Ferguson probably doesn't want to play bump and run at the line of scrimmage with Drew McDavid...but the 32 points he hung up on the Tomcats as a 9th grader who is learning World Geography compared to Alegebra III and AP Calculus, speaks volumes.

In addition he is flanked by 2 terrific athletic twins and next season a shooter who don't seem to miss from 30 feet or at the free throw line. The Lions will wear the bullseye on the chest and that can be an opponent in itself. But credit is due to those who perform and prove it on the court...

For the record, this is the 3rd year in a row in which the MVP went to the losing team (Adam Howard of Ashland) in 2004,when many thought Ralph Hamilton's (Morgan County) record breaking performance was snubbed, and lashyear with Vanhoose and also this year and here's some trivia for ya....in 1986 (Morgan County's Keith Hembree) was the MVP of a regional runner up team as well...so it happens.

My post was to the Boyd Co. school about having Ramey school players in their program . Is it fair to get a child in this home just because he or she is a good ball player , I don't know anything about this just what I have heard. Just got off the subject a little . As for Rose Hill I (my Opinion) is that they do not act like good people ? should Didn't mean to get off subject:cool:

Dont be a hater, there is no one picking athletes to go to the Ramey home, that has nothing to do with it, and my guess is you are making your Rose Hill observation based on attending a few ball games, I dont think that makes you able to Judge the Rose Hill people. I have known them for years, and they have a ton of good people along with a few not so good, just like every

other school in the 16th. Except Rose Hill has a higher percentage of "good people" than most other schools, at least that is MY perception

By the way, I agree with you on Ferguson, he deserved the MVP award this year.:thumb:

Jonathan Ferguson is more than numbers produced in a season. He has the ability to CREATE off the dribble, pull up and drill a 3 in transition and grab offensive rebound after offensive rebound because he has big time leaps.

He can do many things and will play at the next level collegiately if he desires and continues to play. He has the intangibles that separate himself from other ordinary players.

He will not be underrated or overrated in my opinion. Comparing him to McDavid and Vanhoose I'm not going to do, but I like Ferguson's game and he is a top player in this region next year, on some nights perhaps the best, and on some nights not so great...because this is a game that can be humbling at times...

No, Jonathan Ferguson probably doesn't want to play bump and run at the line of scrimmage with Drew McDavid...but the 32 points he hung up on the Tomcats as a 9th grader who is learning World Geography compared to Alegebra III and AP Calculus, speaks volumes.

In addition he is flanked by 2 terrific athletic twins and next season a shooter who don't seem to miss from 30 feet or at the free throw line. The Lions will wear the bullseye on the chest and that can be an opponent in itself. But credit is due to those who perform and prove it on the court...

For the record, this is the 3rd year in a row in which the MVP went to the losing team (Adam Howard of Ashland) in 2004,when many thought Ralph Hamilton's (Morgan County) record breaking performance was snubbed, and lashyear with Vanhoose and also this year and here's some trivia for ya....in 1986 (Morgan County's Keith Hembree) was the MVP of a regional runner up team as well...so it happens.

Kyle Umberger was also MVP of the Runner-Up Ashland team in '98.

That's your opinion. My opinion is that Ferguson is the better player. Russell fans feel that Vanhoose is the better player. I think they'll all 3 be top-5 to top-7 players and then we'll have this argument again next season and see which of us were correct.

All I know is that this season as a freshman, Ferguson averaged:

- 20 ppg, 7 rpg, shot 33% on 3-pointers, shot 58% overall, and carried his team to a 23-8 record and the regional championship game where he was named MVP

McDavid:

- 17 ppg, 7.7 rpg, shot 42% from the field, and lost in the first round of the regional tourney after going 14-16

Vanhoose:

- 20 ppg, shot 53% from the field, shot 41% on 3-pointers, and led his team to the regional championship and Rupp Arena

Based on stats and from I watched, I would rank McDavid below both Vanhoose and Ferguson.

Drews field goal % was more like 52 %. Ashland played much tougher competition than the other 2. I believe Drew did tire towards the end while averaging over 30 minutes a game and playing out of position against the other teams 5 man.

All 3 are excellent players and I believe which ever one works the hardest during the summer will have the advantage over the other 2.

Drews field goal % was more like 52 %. Ashland played much tougher competition than the other 2. I believe Drew did tire towards the end while averaging over 30 minutes a game and playing out of position against the other teams 5 man.

All 3 are excellent players and I believe which ever one works the hardest during the summer will have the advantage over the other 2.

Drew is going to working on football this summer, that will probally be his sport in college, Ferguson and Van Hoose are strictly basketball

I think the one thing that his lost here is that this was the TOURNAMENT MVP, not the season MVP. Ferguson, without doubt, had the best tournament. Van Hoose and Gill played very well and I am sure had many votes (in fact they may have split the votes), but each had somewhat of an "off night". Ferguson played 3 solid games and deserved the MVP in my opinion.

And here comes the hype. What college is seeking a 6'0" forward from the 16th region???????????????????

if you are speaking in relation to ferguson he is 6 1 3/4 just 15 and will grow and has already been asked for a highlight from 3 school's. oh! by the way he play's guard and foward.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ylsuper: :thumb:

Drew is going to working on football this summer, that will probally be his sport in college, Ferguson and Van Hoose are strictly basketball

That is correct and right now I would give the edge to Vanhoose.

This post just goes to show the ignorance of people about boys from the ramey home. They don't volunteer to go there, they are sent by the court system. And there is no judge in the state who would send a kid there just because they can play basketball. Let's just face it, the majority of these kids are inner city kids who have played b-ball all their lives and are just better athletes. And even though they have got in trouble, they are just kids and deserve a second chance. Besides that, they have to complete they Ramey program and be approved by the court system to even go to public schools. And trust me, there are none of these kids that volunteer to go to Ramey and go through what they go through just to play B-ball at BC. :rolleyes:

Those stats came from the official KHSAA report which was filed by the school.

if you are speaking in relation to ferguson he is 6 1 3/4 just 15 and will grow and has already been asked for a highlight from 3 school's. oh! by the way he play's guard and foward.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ylsuper: :thumb:

It doesn't matter if he doesn't grow another inch (although I'm sure he will), he has all the skills to be a shooting guard. He can take anyone off the dribble and create his shot and he can shoot the 3, as well.