Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16th Region All-Tournament

Featured Replies

Mind boggeling isn't it?

 

Yep! Its one of those things you read a few times and think you may be dyslexic....... :lol:

  • Replies 101
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rose Hill is school that has came a long way agreed. My comment was they, along with a lot of other schools Think they never make a mistake , Then why pay the refrees . OK enough said > lets lood forward to summer ball, camps and AAU Play Ball:thumb:

 

I think my head is going to explode.

52.6% to be exact.

 

The stats have been updated since I saw them.

 

Honestly, I don't care if he shot 80% this season, I would take Ferguson if I were choosing. But hey, that's my opinion.

I watched all 3 this season and this is just my opinion, but I don't think McDavid or Vanhoose are on the same athletic level as Ferguson. They are good players, but Ferguson will be better.

 

What? Is that a bias opinion? Ferguson is good right now but he will have to continue to work hard and get better to be on Vanhoose and McDavid's level of play. I'm not bashing him because he is an increditable athlete and one day he may surpass them both but as of right now, McDavid and especially Vanhoose, are on a higher level of play. Right Now anyway. IMO.

What? Is that a bias opinion? Ferguson is good right now but he will have to continue to work hard and get better to be on Vanhoose and McDavid's level of play. I'm not bashing him because he is an increditable athlete and one day he may surpass them both but as of right now, McDavid and especially Vanhoose, are on a higher level of play. Right Now anyway. IMO.

 

I was mostly meaning that I would take him as a Freshman over the other two as Juniors with the assumption that he will continue to grow and improve.

I was mostly meaning that I would take him as a Freshman over the other two as Juniors with the assumption that he will continue to grow and improve.

 

Oh Ok. That is a valid assuption. He is great athlete with a very bright future. He may turn out to be one of the best ever in the 16th. Who's to say he won't. I've heard he works really hard.

Excellent idea about looking forward to AAU and I am looking forward to seeing some these players back in town. I did have a great discussion with some colleagues of mine in Lexington. We just need to face the facts, the 16th is way down. It did not matter that Ferguson got MVP, NO ONE TAKES IT SERIOUSLY ANYWAYS. As many folks have stated, only in the 16th region can freshman get a chance to play. No way does a 6'0" or 6'1" forward freshman play in towns like Lexington. In any case, Kentucky talent is down overall big time. No real major recruits. Walt Allen, a very likeable guy, does not make any all-state teams here in Ohio. That's not being biased, that is being factual. You have to take what is being said about the 16th with a grain-of-salt, afterall, the rest of the Kentucky is.

freshman play at paintsville,15th region. Freshman play at June Buchanan,14th region. Freshman play at Corbin,?? region. Freshman play at Mason Co., ?? region. Freshman playat Dupont Manual, ??region. Im talkin about playing on varsity too!!!! Get the point Stripes.:banana:

Excellent idea about looking forward to AAU and I am looking forward to seeing some these players back in town. I did have a great discussion with some colleagues of mine in Lexington. We just need to face the facts, the 16th is way down. It did not matter that Ferguson got MVP, NO ONE TAKES IT SERIOUSLY ANYWAYS. As many folks have stated, only in the 16th region can freshman get a chance to play. No way does a 6'0" or 6'1" forward freshman play in towns like Lexington. In any case, Kentucky talent is down overall big time. No real major recruits. Walt Allen, a very likeable guy, does not make any all-state teams here in Ohio. That's not being biased, that is being factual. You have to take what is being said about the 16th with a grain-of-salt, afterall, the rest of the Kentucky is.

 

Luckily for all of us, we're not on http://www.buckeyepreps.com. Most of the people on "Bluegrass" Preps probably don't care who would make all-state teams in Ohio.

By the way Stripey the state reps who gave out the award and the coaches who voted on it and the directors of the 16th region takes it serious (As they do everywhere else in the country) or they wouldn't waste their time going through the process or spending the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why , why , why the MVP is Ferguson and an excellent choose at that the whole Team were good chooses. The is for the Tournament not the year .

:confused: What?

Excellent idea about looking forward to AAU and I am looking forward to seeing some these players back in town. I did have a great discussion with some colleagues of mine in Lexington. We just need to face the facts, the 16th is way down. It did not matter that Ferguson got MVP, NO ONE TAKES IT SERIOUSLY ANYWAYS. As many folks have stated, only in the 16th region can freshman get a chance to play. No way does a 6'0" or 6'1" forward freshman play in towns like Lexington. In any case, Kentucky talent is down overall big time. No real major recruits. Walt Allen, a very likeable guy, does not make any all-state teams here in Ohio. That's not being biased, that is being factual. You have to take what is being said about the 16th with a grain-of-salt, afterall, the rest of the Kentucky is.

 

 

Freshman with talent will play, no matter where it is. I don't have any specific examples right now but I'm sure freshman play on varsity teams all over the state.

Excellent idea about looking forward to AAU and I am looking forward to seeing some these players back in town. I did have a great discussion with some colleagues of mine in Lexington. We just need to face the facts, the 16th is way down. It did not matter that Ferguson got MVP, NO ONE TAKES IT SERIOUSLY ANYWAYS. As many folks have stated, only in the 16th region can freshman get a chance to play. No way does a 6'0" or 6'1" forward freshman play in towns like Lexington. In any case, Kentucky talent is down overall big time. No real major recruits. Walt Allen, a very likeable guy, does not make any all-state teams here in Ohio. That's not being biased, that is being factual. You have to take what is being said about the 16th with a grain-of-salt, afterall, the rest of the Kentucky is.

The best story from the 15th region this season, besides Johnson Central, was Pikeville and their leading scorer was a freshmen.

I have no idea how arguments can even get started on this thread. It seems as if there always has to be a jab thrown at somebody. Then, in typical fashion, the more posts in a thread the more outrageous of comparisons.

Stripes3,

Have you seen the Ferguson kid play very much? if you have you would have noticed his physical strength, overall athletic ability along with his shot both around the bucket & the "3". Never mind he is only 6'1 or so trust me he gets big time minutes in region 11! He may not start but gets big time minutes. I have watched 11th for a long time & this kid can play there as a freshman. One thing he can do that most 6'4' athletes in that region cannot do is shoot & score!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.