Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Milhouse

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Milhouse

  1. Boyd over RH Ashland over Fairview Ashland takes the 64th
  2. And your toughts on what won the game? I forgot it must have been the drive to Elliott !
  3. This is done mostly near the end of the game or near the end of quarters or a half. You will see coaches put in a player who may be better on the defensive end while his team is on defense & then switch to a better offensive player @ the next dead ball when his team gets the ball back & visa versa.This is done really often, especially in special situations. ex.., a team may be playing a certain type of D agianst you or you are playing a certain type of D, it may be a close game where more O is needed, or someone is in foul trouble & you want him out on the D side of the ball to keep from fouling out.The O is stagnant & not doing anything so subing may give the team a spark but go back to the better D player when on that side of the ball. You want the better FT shooter in the game at the end but take him out when on the D side of the ball. It is mostly a situational type thing that can be very effective. Adjusting at a dead ball or timeouts. Its just good coaching
  4. Abouut 3 weeks ago I told Sloas he was the hardest worker on the team! I agree Sloas #1
  5. Sandy Hookers are quite smart, The proper use of the word "to" is "too" If you are on the net many young school age children see this and you should use proper grammar:laugh: :thumb:
  6. Tyler Hicks / Scott Co I told my uncle & a coach friend of his about Tyler Hicks and how hard he plays. I told them I do not think either has seen a kid play as hard as he does in all their years watching bball. They both thought I was stretching it a bit. When they watched the State tourney in Tylers senior year they both looked me up after Scott Co was beaten out on Saturday morning to totally agree with me. They were fans immediately! My uncle says he has watched bball since 52' and never seen anyone like him. The coach said he would like to get video of him to show his team. This kids effort was just amazing.
  7. If it is the drive that plays a large part in defeats when the visiting teams play at Elliott then I suppose Elliott should always have a losing record as they travel to all the spots in the 16th!
  8. Rediculous! The unfair advantage is a Class A school of 200 playing in a State Toruney game against a 4A school of 2000. So maybe this evens out the field somewhat, though I doubt it.
  9. Regardless of upperclassmen, Elliotts underclassmen may be better players! Ever thought of that?
  10. Warren from Scott Co was unbelievable Friday night & he plays like this all the time. Barker from Fairview is another
  11. So where are you Scooter Bob & all the rest of the Ashland, RH, & area people? All Scott Co has done over the last 3-4 years is embarass the teams in our area & you thought they were out of their league. I did not think they would win myself but I knew it would not be an embarassment. Whether we want to admit it or not our area just is not up to par with the better teams in the state. Lets see you give them some props!
  12. Congrats to BB! Have they played Mason or GRC yet? Or willthey play either one before tourney time?
  13. I agree shooter.They have confidence they are going to win before going in & that is something that is expected & learned from their tradition. This is exactly what tradition will do for any program.Give them their cedit.
  14. Redblood all my life I have heard the same thing about Ashland sports & what a good recruiting tool they have with Ashland Oil for the last 60 years. True or not this will be the perception of the genreral public when a certain town has the beenfit of a major corporation in their community.
  15. Bellalumni to the best of my knowledge only 1 kid in their 1st 10 or so players have a parent who works @ Toyota. His Dad has been there something like 15 years so they did not recruit him. I also believe the past 2-3 years did not have any parents employed at Toyota.
  16. My previous post is not a pro Maynard post it just so happens to be him who would have been the logical & simple choice to help spark the O int Q4. If there were another kid on the bench who could accomplish the same thing put him in. It would not matter to me its just the coach has to see these things & make the moves. The one kid was not even being guarded & he would not shoot! He can hit that shot! How do coaches not see these things? Elliott only scored 4 pts in something like 6 minutes or so in the 4th & seemed like the coaches could have made a move to at least try something. I do not care if is the middle that was wide open & the only man that can score in there would be the 10th man off the bench. Put him in & see what you can get, maybe just a little spark or something since nothing else was happening on the offensive end. Maybe switch Offense for Defense & visa-versa as I mentioned once before. Its just frustrating to lose a game like this that you should have won. The coaches made the lineup change during early Jan. practice sessions & it worked. They also have to do the same during the course of the games that is my point. It just seems a better coaching job in Q4 & some made Ft's may have produced a different outcome. Almost looks as if P'vlle knew Elliotts persnel better than Elliott if I can be a little sarcastic. I am not a coach but I am entitled to my opinion and there you have it. Here is saying good luck to Elliott the rest of the way and if I know these kids they have put this loss behind them & will continue to work hard from here on in order to get to Rupp.
  17. IMO Russell has a tendancy to play just good enough to win & this will one day catch up to them. If they can put 4 solid quarters together then they are definitely the team to beat.
  18. Give Scott Co their credit & lay off the officials thing! HHS probably could have won this one if they make any effort at all to go to Patterson. Mayo has to understand he cannot wait until the 4th Q to take it to the next notch against good teams. Maybe he is to unselfish in the first 3 Q's.HHS does these 2 things I think they win.
  19. Just give them a few minutes of game time & SF will shoot themselves out of most any game. Their 3 pt offense is not there as it once was in the past.
  20. I would put lliott 2 & Ashland 3, RH needs to drop but who do you put in front of them BC or GC? 4-8 is coin toss
  21. Ferguson will have to be back strong for Elliott, otherwise it could be tough for them to pull it out. I go ahead & say Elliott by 3 on their home court
  22. Matt is more like 6'3" & very strong. I love the Porter kid at Kentucky & the way he plays but to me Walls & Profit can do just as much & probably more. Why couldn't Tubby wait one year & sign one of the Ky kids?
  23. Wow! from region champ one year to a total mess & resignation the next year! Fill us in JC fans what has happened there?
  24. I saw B'town against Shawnee & it was probably the ugliest high school game I have ever seen. After watching that I would have never thought they would get by P'viile. Have not seen BB but they have impressive wins & a history as does B'town but I will go with BB by 6
  25. Where on earth did you get that??

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.