16th Region All-Tournament

:rolleyes: I don't understand how boys or girls who are in trouble can get out to PLAY basketball , do their grades have to remain high , too and if they make a missQ do they go back? just wondering. As for Rose Hill how can a school who is suppose to be teaching the values that the public school don't have such a rude following not a very good example is it? just wondering.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: I don't understand how boys or girls who are in trouble can get out to PLAY basketball , do their grades have to remain high , too and if they make a missQ do they go back? just wondering. As for Rose Hill how can a school who is suppose to be teaching the values that the public school don't have such a rude following not a very good example is it? just wondering.

What in the world does this have to do with the All Tournament Team? :confused:

And whoever Boyd County gets from the Ramey home.

This post shows your class, in my opinion. I praise the player you are trashing for a great season and I think we should all be happy that he has a chance to have a bright future.

Top 5 is realistic. But I think most everyone will agree that the top two spots will be McDavid and Vanhoose.

I watched all 3 this season and this is just my opinion, but I don't think McDavid or Vanhoose are on the same athletic level as Ferguson. They are good players, but Ferguson will be better.

Agree, Ferguson is a great player and going to get better. But Scott Gill from, RUSSELL 16th Region Champs, should have been the MVP hands down. Take the mule blinders off and get real. :fire: :fire: :fire:

I don't even remember which player Scott Gill was and since Ferguson was named MVP, I'd say the other coaches don't remember him either.

I watched all 3 this season and this is just my opinion, but I don't think McDavid or Vanhoose are on the same athletic level as Ferguson. They are good players, but Ferguson will be better.

Im sorry but if yout want to compare athletic ability Drew McDavid far surpasses both Vanhoose and Ferguson.....

Whoa......... :eek: :lol:

Im sorry but if yout want to compare athletic ability Drew McDavid far surpasses both Vanhoose and Ferguson.....

That's your opinion. My opinion is that Ferguson is the better player. Russell fans feel that Vanhoose is the better player. I think they'll all 3 be top-5 to top-7 players and then we'll have this argument again next season and see which of us were correct.

All I know is that this season as a freshman, Ferguson averaged:

- 20 ppg, 7 rpg, shot 33% on 3-pointers, shot 58% overall, and carried his team to a 23-8 record and the regional championship game where he was named MVP

McDavid:

- 17 ppg, 7.7 rpg, shot 42% from the field, and lost in the first round of the regional tourney after going 14-16

Vanhoose:

- 20 ppg, shot 53% from the field, shot 41% on 3-pointers, and led his team to the regional championship and Rupp Arena

Based on stats and from I watched, I would rank McDavid below both Vanhoose and Ferguson.

How can a kid from a team who gave up 30 points win the defensive award? I just don't get it!

You stole the words right outta my mouth. Sounds to me like NOBODY was playing much defense there.:sleep:

Ferguson from Elliott is a nice player but in my opinion, he's one level away yet from Vanhoose or McDavid. I've seen him play 4 or 5 times and I love his hustle and heart, but he doesn't have the skills that these two players have.

His stats compared to others are tempered by a weaker schedule which in no way is his fault.

To Wireman's comment on not remembering Scott Gill, he's the one that led Russell in scoring and rebounding 2 of the 3 tourney games (including 18 pts 10 rebounds vs Elliott) and his inspired play with a major ankle sprain against Fairview, may have been what spurred his teammates on to the blowout.

That's your opinion. My opinion is that Ferguson is the better player. Russell fans feel that Vanhoose is the better player. I think they'll all 3 be top-5 to top-7 players and then we'll have this argument again next season and see which of us were correct.

All I know is that this season as a freshman, Ferguson averaged:

- 20 ppg, 7 rpg, shot 33% on 3-pointers, shot 58% overall, and carried his team to a 23-8 record and the regional championship game where he was named MVP

McDavid:

- 17 ppg, 7.7 rpg, shot 42% from the field, and lost in the first round of the regional tourney after going 14-16

Vanhoose:

- 20 ppg, shot 53% from the field, shot 41% on 3-pointers, and led his team to the regional championship and Rupp Arena

Based on stats and from I watched, I would rank McDavid below both Vanhoose and Ferguson.

Thats fine. But you said athletic level, not basketball ability. McDavid's ability on the football field as well as the basketball court puts his athletic abilities 2nd to none not only in this area but the entire state.

2nd to none in the state? He is a solid athlete but comparing him to the states best is a little far fetched.

2nd team All-State DB, will be 3 year All-Area basketball player, 16th region all tourney team 2 straight years, all district multiple years. Will most likely end up as Ashland all-time leading receiver, career interceptions leader, and all-time leading basketball scorer. Enough said......

And folks out our way wonder why the rest of the state see us as sub-par. The players being mentioned are good., but this is getting out of hand. The kids performed well mainly due to the fact that our region was down this year. In any regard, stop bashing one kid to make the other look better, it just feeds the rest of the state evidence that they are right. In strong regions, frosh just do not play, no matter how good they are. Ferguson got his chance to play on a team that offered the opportunity and did well. Enoguh said.