SK vs. X scrimmage rescheduled because of "purge"

All Tell

The comments on here are quite funny, however, they schools are still going to play. It's a scrimmage so it doesn't count, so I do not understand the scardy cat comments. Better safe than sorry. What if you were from nky and one of these ball players was your child. It'd be a different story. All the district wants is safety for their students and that is respectable in my book.
Believe me, the fine folks in the Germantown Neighborhood near St. Xavier would never let any sort of gang survive moving through their streets. I know because I grew up there and lived there as an adult too! Our "rednecks" would have foiled any "purge" activity.

I hoped SK would come down in the morning. The 'Neers are Fearin' the Ville. C'est la vie". Simon Kenton traditionally has not fared well in Jefferson County. Eat your Fruit Loops and watch some cartoons. The Tigers will show up for the 11:30AM tussle. :thumb:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Believe me, the fine folks in the Germantown Neighborhood near St. Xavier would never let any sort of gang survive moving through their streets. I know because I grew up there and lived there as an adult too! Our "rednecks" would have foiled any "purge" activity.

I hoped SK would come down in the morning. The 'Neers are Fearin' the Ville. C'est la vie". Simon Kenton traditionally has not fared well in Jefferson County. Eat your Fruit Loops and watch some cartoons. The Tigers will show up for the 11:30AM tussle. :thumb:

I'm sure the Polo shirts, khakis, loafers and too much hair gel would have those marauders shaking in their..........well whatever kind of footwear marauders wear. Throw in the sound of " Lovely can you fetch me my W.C Scott double barrel and ready the hounds" anyone would be terrified.

I'm sure the Polo shirts, khakis, loafers and too much hair gel would have those marauders shaking in their..........well whatever kind of footwear marauders wear. Throw in the sound of " Lovely can you fetch me my W.C Scott double barrel and ready the hounds" anyone would be terrified.

Too funny! In all seriousness, this story made the 11:00 news in Cincinnati last night and they mentioned the scrimmage. They were interviewing Louisville police who said they had to take this threat seriously which SK did.

I'm going to defend Xgrad and, well the city. The wildings were downtown. Highly unlikely any SK fans or the team would have been anywhere near 2nd and Liberty at any time.

I find it sad that so many people believe that sort of thing is "normal" in Louisville.

It is sad. People who do not know the geography of Louisville are not aware of where the good and bad areas are. They hear "Louisville" on the news and that is the basis of their opinions and subsequent fears. With that being said crime still happens in all areas, some more frequently than others. Based on what the Louisville police were saying SK decided to throw caution to the wind. What is even more sad is the ridicule that SK is receiving for doing so.

It is sad. People who do not know the geography of Louisville are not aware of where the good and bad areas are. They hear "Louisville" on the news and that is the basis of their opinions and subsequent fears. With that being said crime still happens in all areas, some more frequently than others. Based on what the Louisville police were saying SK decided to throw caution to the wind. What is even more sad is the ridicule that SK is receiving for doing so.

Oh, they have to make the decision they feel is best, no doubt. But Louisville is not a city where incidents like you mentioned are the norm.

Obviously you've never been to Germantown.

On one hand you can't blame Sk for "reacting" this way if player safety was the primary concern, but I believe there was an ulterior motive. For the record though, there was a lot of "foolishness" going on in the westend. I can name a couple home invasions off the top of my head.