SK vs. X scrimmage rescheduled because of "purge"

All Tell

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What would SK do in the event of a Sharknado, Killer Bees, or Bigfoot sighting? Canceling was so incredibly lame. Didn't know 'Neer Nation likes to drive a Prius, play for the tie in soccer, and vote for Obama.

I seriously hope SK Wins state this year, otherwise this is all anyone will remember.

What would SK do in the event of a Sharknado, Killer Bees, or Bigfoot sighting? Canceling was so incredibly lame. Didn't know 'Neer Nation likes to drive a Prius, play for the tie in soccer, and vote for Obama.

I seriously hope SK Wins state this year, otherwise this is all anyone will remember.

actually, no one will remember, except the people that like to complain

Oh, they have to make the decision they feel is best, no doubt. But Louisville is not a city where incidents like you mentioned are the norm.

Agreed, but that was not my point. I never said it was the norm. Many bad things have happened in areas that were not the "norm". It was on several news stations. SK did what many other schools might have done in the same situation. There is nothing wrong with being risk adverse when it comes to our children.

Here's my thing: I want my kids to be safe also. But you know what? If I was really serious about it then they would not just wear a seatbelt when in a car - they would be strapped in like a NASCAR driver because that would be safer. And I would not live anywhere near a fault line - the kids would not be safe. I guess you would have to take them to the middle of Wyoming (in a bomb shelter of course to avoid tornadoes and small sized meteors). There is no 100% guarantee of anyones safety. SK had about a 1000x greater probability of their bus rolling off of I71 causing harm to the kids than they did from the purge prank.

Living in fear all the time is no way to live. I think that is, at best, a questionable lesson to teach kids. (And the players/teenagers - in Louisville and NKY - all think the adults are idiots for this overreaction.)

Here's my thing: I want my kids to be safe also. But you know what? If I was really serious about it then they would not just wear a seatbelt when in a car - they would be strapped in like a NASCAR driver because that would be safer. And I would not live anywhere near a fault line - the kids would not be safe. I guess you would have to take them to the middle of Wyoming (in a bomb shelter of course to avoid tornadoes and small sized meteors). There is no 100% guarantee of anyones safety. SK had about a 1000x greater probability of their bus rolling off of I71 causing harm to the kids than they did from the purge prank.

Living in fear all the time is no way to live. I think that is, at best, a questionable lesson to teach kids. (And the players/teenagers - in Louisville and NKY - all think the adults are idiots for this overreaction.)

I think the idiots are the ones over-reacting to what SK did. For crying out loud, the Louisville police are on TV saying that any of these threats need to be taken seriously. What are you going to do next time you are on an airplane and reach inside the seat pocket and find a note that the plane is going to blow up? Smile and tuck it in your pocket as a souvenir?