Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Wall Throwing Gang Signs

Featured Replies

This is a non issue . I normally as PP92 will back me up on hate the race game. But this is rich privliged people that don't understand the meanings in all cases. Most rough neighborhoods have hand gestures that represent their block and gang or no gang people rep their block. If you have ever lived or helped out in urban environments you realize this. John Wall isn't a gang member end of story non issue.

  • Replies 106
  • Views 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anything for the record I'll quote 50 cent and say at worst they are "wanskters".

This is a non issue . I normally as PP92 will back me up on hate the race game. But this is rich privliged people that don't understand the meanings in all cases. Most rough neighborhoods have hand gestures that represent their block and gang or no gang people rep their block. If you have ever lived or helped out in urban environments you realize this. John Wall isn't a gang member end of story non issue.

 

I do agree. It is a non-issue to me as well.

 

No one will ever convince me that John Wall or Desean Jackson are gang members.

  • Author
Because that's only a UK thing right? Lol

 

Agreed. No one has watched the videos linked in post 2 either. No way those are anything but gang signs.

 

Again, this does not look like just throwing up some hand signals as a shout out to where he grew up, it looks more like stacking (from :04 to :08).

 

 

  • Author
This is a non issue . I normally as PP92 will back me up on hate the race game. But this is rich privliged people that don't understand the meanings in all cases. Most rough neighborhoods have hand gestures that represent their block and gang or no gang people rep their block. If you have ever lived or helped out in urban environments you realize this. John Wall isn't a gang member end of story non issue.

 

 

I live in the 7th largest city in the US and spent the last year doing Legal Aid type work at a homeless shelter. It's also anything but a "race hate" thing for me.

 

Like it or not, there are a lot of kids, many who might not have a lot of people to look up to, who look up to Wall. You think him glorifying that type of thing to them is positive?

 

If I'm a Reebok executive, I'm having a talk with his agent about representing the brand. If I'm Wall's agent, I'm talking to him about how he carries himself, because, like we saw with DeSean Jackson, the minute he becomes expendable to someone, they use stuff like this to bury him.

I live in the 7th largest city in the US and spent the last year doing Legal Aid type work at a homeless shelter. It's also anything but a "race hate" thing for me.

 

Like it or not, there are a lot of kids, many who might not have a lot of people to look up to, who look up to Wall. You think him glorifying that type of thing to them is positive?

 

If I'm a Reebok executive, I'm having a talk with his agent about representing the brand. If I'm Wall's agent, I'm talking to him about how he carries himself, because, like we saw with DeSean Jackson, the minute he becomes expendable to someone, they use stuff like this to bury him.

 

 

Wall has a max deal , was a top 5 pg this past year and has been a model citizen off the court . I'm sorry if some hand signs don't bug me.

  • Author
Wall has a max deal , was a top 5 pg this past year and has been a model citizen off the court . I'm sorry if some hand signs don't bug me.

 

Not saying they have to bother you, just trying to clarify that for me, it wasn't a thing where I saw it and thought it was innocent or that my criticism of him was racially motivated.

 

If nothing else, I think you can probably agree that doing things like that are going to open him up to critique, both fair and unfair, and that it's something that may come back to bite him like it did DeSean Jackson. He's an incredible talent, but what if he blows his knee this summer and the Wizards want out of that max deal? He's not been in that situation yet because he isn't expendable, but when it comes to a franchise one day wanting to recoup some costs or wage a PR war, he's giving them all the ammo they need.

 

This was on a PR trip for Adidas at one of the world's largest events. Not the best look for the company. If it's him on his own time, I'd feel differently, but Adidas is soccer first and foremost and he was there on their dime, representing them.

  • Author

If this were a Louisville player, you know there'd be people in the UK Camp eating it up, just like they were with the Kevin Ware Twitter thing.

It must be an Adidas thing. All the Adidas players he's with down there are doing the same thing...

These look like a bunch of hardened gang members

 

image.jpg

It must be an Adidas thing. All the Adidas players he's with down there are doing the same thing...

 

ADIDAS sells a line of T-Shirts with hand signs on the front with a hand sign for their colleges

Are they gang signs? Probably. Do I care? Not in the least. Why would/should I? :confused:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.