John Wall Throwing Gang Signs

JokersWild24

This is a non issue . I normally as PP92 will back me up on hate the race game. But this is rich privliged people that don't understand the meanings in all cases. Most rough neighborhoods have hand gestures that represent their block and gang or no gang people rep their block. If you have ever lived or helped out in urban environments you realize this. John Wall isn't a gang member end of story non issue.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a non issue . I normally as PP92 will back me up on hate the race game. But this is rich privliged people that don't understand the meanings in all cases. Most rough neighborhoods have hand gestures that represent their block and gang or no gang people rep their block. If you have ever lived or helped out in urban environments you realize this. John Wall isn't a gang member end of story non issue.

I do agree. It is a non-issue to me as well.

No one will ever convince me that John Wall or Desean Jackson are gang members.

Because that's only a UK thing right? Lol

Agreed. No one has watched the videos linked in post 2 either. No way those are anything but gang signs.

Again, this does not look like just throwing up some hand signals as a shout out to where he grew up, it looks more like stacking (from :04 to :08).

I live in the 7th largest city in the US and spent the last year doing Legal Aid type work at a homeless shelter. It's also anything but a "race hate" thing for me.

Like it or not, there are a lot of kids, many who might not have a lot of people to look up to, who look up to Wall. You think him glorifying that type of thing to them is positive?

If I'm a Reebok executive, I'm having a talk with his agent about representing the brand. If I'm Wall's agent, I'm talking to him about how he carries himself, because, like we saw with DeSean Jackson, the minute he becomes expendable to someone, they use stuff like this to bury him.

I live in the 7th largest city in the US and spent the last year doing Legal Aid type work at a homeless shelter. It's also anything but a "race hate" thing for me.

Like it or not, there are a lot of kids, many who might not have a lot of people to look up to, who look up to Wall. You think him glorifying that type of thing to them is positive?

If I'm a Reebok executive, I'm having a talk with his agent about representing the brand. If I'm Wall's agent, I'm talking to him about how he carries himself, because, like we saw with DeSean Jackson, the minute he becomes expendable to someone, they use stuff like this to bury him.

Wall has a max deal , was a top 5 pg this past year and has been a model citizen off the court . I'm sorry if some hand signs don't bug me.

Wall has a max deal , was a top 5 pg this past year and has been a model citizen off the court . I'm sorry if some hand signs don't bug me.

Not saying they have to bother you, just trying to clarify that for me, it wasn't a thing where I saw it and thought it was innocent or that my criticism of him was racially motivated.

If nothing else, I think you can probably agree that doing things like that are going to open him up to critique, both fair and unfair, and that it's something that may come back to bite him like it did DeSean Jackson. He's an incredible talent, but what if he blows his knee this summer and the Wizards want out of that max deal? He's not been in that situation yet because he isn't expendable, but when it comes to a franchise one day wanting to recoup some costs or wage a PR war, he's giving them all the ammo they need.

This was on a PR trip for Adidas at one of the world's largest events. Not the best look for the company. If it's him on his own time, I'd feel differently, but Adidas is soccer first and foremost and he was there on their dime, representing them.